DVDVR Message Board

Comic fans couldn't handle Superman breaking Zod's neck. Could the world's inhaler manufacturers cover a crisis caused by people being shot in a Guardians movie?

Apples, oranges.

Comic book fans couldn't handle Superman breaking Zod's neck because Superman isn't supposed to kill people, not because they can't handle violence. Rocket has a machine gun. I look forward to the blatant shedding of Kree blood.

RocketRaccoon.jpg

I'll try to get Thor: The Dark World on its DVD release next week so I've watched every Marvel Studios film. I'd like to watch Captain America: The First Avenger again before Captain America: The Winter Soldier comes out next month. All this is situation depending.

Comic fans couldn't handle Superman breaking Zod's neck. Could the world's inhaler manufacturers cover a crisis caused by people being shot in a Guardians movie?

Apples, oranges.

Comic book fans couldn't handle Superman breaking Zod's neck because Superman isn't supposed to kill people, not because they can't handle violence. Rocket has a machine gun. I look forward to the blatant shedding of Kree blood.

But Superman did it before, so its s flawed standard to hold the movie to.

Apples, oranges.

You are preaching to the choir, man. 

Apples, oranges.

RocketRaccoon.jpg

Well, not Kree, because the Kree are part of Fox's Fantastic Four license, but I get your point.

Apples, oranges.

And people bitched when Byrne had him do it too. They're consistent. 

So essentially Rocket Raccoon mowing down gomers is less offensive than Superman killing a single dude who plans on terraforming earth and turning humans into slaves? Got it

Zod didn't want slaves, man. He wanted fertilizer for the soil of New Krypton.

Again, preaching to the choir, bro.

• Like 1

Apples, oranges.

It's usually kind of a character defining moment, in fact. Killing Zod is what tempers him from doing it ever again.

With the first teaser trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy now out and about, director James Gunn recently participated in a great, fast-paced Q&A with Kevin Pereira of Pointless podcast. While the full interview is being saved for next week, Pereira has shared five minutes of their chat, which reveals some intriguing nuggets. One of those nuggets is that while Marvel Studios has partial rights to the Skrulls, they do not own the Badoon, which is why we'll see the Sakaaran in the movie. Listen to the interview above and be warned it contains strong language. What do you think?

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

• Like 1

Are you guys saying Superman vs Batman is in development hell? That's outrageous, it was delayed once but it most certainly is happening. 

Also, I think you are taking it too seriously. 

There's nothing more serious than comic book movies and I'd like to fight you for suggesting otherwise.

• Like 1

With the first teaser trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy now out and about, director James Gunn recently participated in a great, fast-paced Q&A with Kevin Pereira of Pointless podcast. While the full interview is being saved for next week, Pereira has shared five minutes of their chat, which reveals some intriguing nuggets. One of those nuggets is that while Marvel Studios has partial rights to the Skrulls, they do not own the Badoon, which is why we'll see the Sakaaran in the movie. Listen to the interview above and be warned it contains strong language. What do you think?

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

So, no Kree/Skrull war on cinema? :(

The biggest scoop for me was "Some things you have to wait and see" to being asked about Adam Warlock and Captain Marvel. That's basically a yes, right?

I'm calling it now, Adam Warlock in the after credits teaser for GotG 2.

Hahaha Marvel balls deep with shitty no mark characters like Adam Warlock will be hilarious.

Adam Warlock was one of the original GotG members of the Abnett/Lanning run that this movie is mostly based on, so him not being on the team was kind of a surprise anyways.