DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2014 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

Just watched the replay three more times, and stand by every damn thing I say. Only reason people think it's dirty is that Backes was not expecting to be hit. However, that is not Seabrook's fault that the guy made himself vulnerable in open ice. It was not even called a penalty until they saw Backes stumbling around, and then the refs overreacted like typical NHL where results trump intent/actual action. Of course, most people here do not recognize how good Eddie Olyczk is, so they will dismiss his point about no penalty being called initially as well. Just hope that justice is served and this fires the Hawks up to bring the Cup back home. 

That no goal call was so absurd. Ignoring the fact Price caused the contact and oversold it... the ref who called no goal watched the entire play & then waved off the goal even though the supposed contact was 5-6 seconds BEFORE the goal was scored. There was time for two passes in between contact (again... caused by Price) and the puck getting shot. If I was a Tampa fan I'd be pissed.

• Like 1

Nice to see Brent Seabrook essentially miss four games on maybe a two-minute penalty because Backes lowered his head at the very end. Fuck the NHL and Gary Bettman.

You're going to hell.

If we can choose mythological places, I'll take Atlantis instead.

Good to see Stamkos passed the no doubt rigorous concussion testing.

@DownGoesBrown:

Steven Stamkos back on the T.B. bench after passing the NHL's strict one-question concussion test:

"Is it the playoffs? Y ( ) or Y ( )."

• Like 2

Nice to see Brent Seabrook essentially miss four games on maybe a two-minute penalty because Backes lowered his head at the very end. Fuck the NHL and Gary Bettman.

You're going to hell.

If we can choose mythological places, I'll take Atlantis instead.
Atlantis is for good people. Not for those defending headhunting, cheap-shotting hockey players who purposely shorten the careers of other players because they can't beat the Blues.

Seabrook shouldn't come back until 3 games AFTER Backes does. If Backes is out 10, Seabrook should be out 13.

Or never play again. Whichever.

It was hard hit with intent to hurt, and I'm glad Backes suffered the worse for ducking his head.  Because fuck the Blues, fuck Backes, and fuck self-righteous fans who suddenly have the authority to dictate how playoff hockey should be played.

Of course, most people here do not recognize how good Eddie Olyczk is

I can't really say how good Eddie is because I've only ever heard him paired with Emrick and Maguire and they're both so atrocious I can't believe they even have jobs.

Good game from Boston. They're the better team and should win this series. Detroit's defense core is just wretched. When Brendan Smith is half your top pairing, you are in a world of trouble. Smith, Kindl, Quincey, and Lashoff are just unbelievably bad.

"He should stay out as long as the other guy stays out" is the most retarded logic in the history of retarded logic and essentially is a rule that can only be supported by people outright asking teams to match fix.

And that's different from what's going on..... How?

Seabrook shouldn't come back until 3 games AFTER Backes does. If Backes is out 10, Seabrook should be out 13.

Or never play again. Whichever.

It was hard hit with intent to hurt, and I'm glad Backes suffered the worse for ducking his head. Because fuck the Blues, fuck Backes, and fuck self-righteous fans who suddenly have the authority to dictate how playoff hockey should be played.

Also going to hell.

Because of scheduling conflicts - I have yet to watch a Rangers game.

And there was a point yesterday where I was like "I will never watch a game because they clearly will never lose now..."

So on some levels - I dont mind that they lost