DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2014 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

Staying out of the Hawks/Blues fans on here (No use going into it), I will say there is a strong possibility Blues/Blackhawks will end this series with one of the deepest hatreds between fanbases for a non college, non Euro Football sport.

This seems to be the idea behind the new playoff format. Not sure how long it'll stick around since people are already down on it but can you imagine these teams meeting again and again over the next 3-4 years? Decapitations are the next logical step.

Yep, saw this coming. Fleury played great the first two games while his defense played like shit in front of him. It was only a matter of time before the real Flower realized it was the playoffs and did his annual tank job.

His reputation was always a big facade anyway. He's an awesome players coach, which is why he scores so highly when SI or whatever asks NHLers to name the best coach. But he's never been a very good in-game manager or strategist.

Give me an asshole who can outcoach the other guy over a nice guy who stars love playing for but always gets out-maneuvered any day.

Staying out of the Hawks/Blues fans on here (No use going into it), I will say there is a strong possibility Blues/Blackhawks will end this series with one of the deepest hatreds between fanbases for a non college, non Euro Football sport.

I'm trying to do my part.

Bobrowsky fell apart. Okay, some of those shots were knuckleballs that ping ponged around so it's not like they were easy stops but that's what happens when one team gets 40+ shots on goal while the other barely breaks 20.

Despite my pessimism, I always figured the Pens' offensive talent would eventually be too much for Columbus to hang. Given how badly our Dmen have played, though, it'll be a miracle if they get past the next round no matter who they face.

Perennial shitbum Max Lapierre just runs a dude from behind into the boards, then refused to fight the guy, because he's a pussy.

But of course the Blackhawk is a dumbass for trying to fight when he's already got the powerplay.

Give me an asshole who can outcoach the other guy over a nice guy who stars love playing for but always gets out-maneuvered any day.

I believe you just described Scotty Bowman, the best coach in the history of professional sports, to the letter.