DVDVR Message Board

Journey to WrestleMania - Daniel Bryan

MGFanJay

I popped for the TWA footage in the WM30 pre-match montage, so I'll definitely check this out.

ps. Wouldn't this have been mostly finished well in advance? I'm all for keeping kayfabe, but.. you know :P

Brie Bella seems like a really fucking great girlfriend.

Totally. The look of pride in her eyes every time she watched Bryan was really sweet. I liked how Cena came off as this crazy, stoic "Love your family, brother" dude was hilarious. I'd have liked to think that he and Bryan huddle around a BBQ at Cena's house and talk about sport.

Well the are both with the Bella's lol

I'm a little ashamed of myself for suggesting this, but, after really not liking Sheamus for a while now, last night got me thinking that you could probably build up a pretty good 'Mania main event with a heel Sheamus against Bryan. Play up the history, play up the 18 seconds, and I think you have a way to fix Sheamus and they could have a very good match.

• Like 1

Totally agree.  Sheamus was the best he's been in forever playing makeshift heel for the Post-WM Raw crowd.  I'd expect a full on heel turn soon.

That was a great little doc.  So surreal seeing all these legends interacting with Bryan..

Wrestlemania, Raw and this docu have sent me on an emotional rollercoaster. All of the Daniel Bryan stuff has made it feel like I was rewarded for being a fan and it's just as awesome seeing him get rewarded for all of the hard work he's put in over the years.

I skipped the undesriable parts. This doc is really good. Really enjoyed it.

Here's the thing. We really don't care about your bullshit misogynistic issues. Stop fucking announcing them, and you just might become less of an object of mockery.

• Like 7

I'm a bit into this an it's very good so far. In general, though, Bryan on WWE Countdown is a chore. He's the only guy who shits on everything even a little bit silly. I loved Punk explaining how while Akeem did nothing for him as a kid, as an adult, he sees how he could actually be really entertaining. Almost everyone talked up how effective the Mountie was as a heel and Bryan was just going on about how a wrestling Mountie was stupid. 

Neither here nor there, but Cesaro might be my favorite  out of all of the talking heads. I think he came up totally outside of smark WON/RSPW-inspired culture or something in a way a lot of his contemporaries didn't. He has this slightly outside view of growing up with all of this stuff in a bit more of a bubble, and it's great. 

That's all a bit off topic but Bryan comes off as super likable in the doc so I'm finding his inability to have fun with wrestling extra annoying on all of the countdowns.

From what I've seen on this special and the countdown shows I get the feeling that Bryan probably hates that he's great at doing silly comedy stuff.

I really liked the special and for the most part I thought it was amazing but I hate the bizarre mix of kayfabe/shoot WWE does on these.

From what I've seen on this special and the countdown shows I get the feeling that Bryan probably hates that he's great at doing silly comedy stuff.

I really liked the special and for the most part I thought it was amazing but I hate the bizarre mix of kayfabe/shoot WWE does on these.

Some of the best stuff Bryan's done in WWE is the JBL/Cole stuff with Hornswaggle and Regal.

I'm a bit into this an it's very good so far. In general, though, Bryan on WWE Countdown is a chore. He's the only guy who shits on everything even a little bit silly. I loved Punk explaining how while Akeem did nothing for him as a kid, as an adult, he sees how he could actually be really entertaining. Almost everyone talked up how effective the Mountie was as a heel and Bryan was just going on about how a wrestling Mountie was stupid. 

To be fair, isn't most of his footage on their a couple years old?