DVDVR Message Board

April 2014 Football Thread

The Natural

Agreed, although I´d say it didn´t look like that until they took the lead, Bayern looked really threatening in the first twenty and bullied Real around, but then it didn´t seem they could do anything with the possession while Real used speed and accuracy to hit them with force on the breaks. Interesting to see how this continues after the break.

EDIT: Deserved win for Real. Bayern wasn´t playing horrible, but not like a team which makes it to the final. Overall the game was better than what I´ve seen from yesterday´s match, but not my as much as I would have hoped tbh.

Goodness! My heart was in my throat for both halves! I wish Los Blancos had made good on the 3-4 goal scoring opportunities they wasted but the 1-0 aggregate lead will have to do. It's not a good lead, I know, especially going to Munich for the 2nd leg, but any lead is better than no lead. Bayern can easily overturn this in the 2nd leg, so I'll be even more tense and anxiety filled next week! Whatever happens, HALA MADRID!

Looking forward to this Benfica/Juventus match. Europa league can be pretty random, but that's a pretty prime matchup there. Doesn't hurt that given how the UEFA coeficient works, these teams are basically playing to see weather Portugal or Italy have 4th place and the better setup for future years in Europe.

ESC has been doing the Yes chant after goals since 2012. People in the other supporters group are bitching about it because they think wrestling is stupid. They also think our chants in Spanish are stupid, so I want us to take a page out of ADR's book and chant Si instead.

Tito Vilanova dead at 45 after a long battle with cancer.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27159955

Sad news. Hope it was more of a salvation for him and that he went in peace.

So sad. Cancer is an evil fucker. R.I.P.

So Mourinho got charged for being sarcastic in his post-Sunderland press conference. I watched and thought he was being serious because Mike Dean have a good game. I guess I am just gullible.

I wondered how the FA would take that Mourinho interview and the tone of it. Turns out they didn't like it.

Short passes, retaining shape, sensible runs, shit crossing, Rooney all over the place...

THEY LOOK LIKE UNITED AGAIN!!!

Giggs on the technical area in a suit looks odd though.

I want Giggs to sub himself on. Pull off the suit and reveal a jersey.

The pop would be worth it.

He *is* still on the active roster.

Nice to see the wide play back finally as well.