DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 4/3

*Taped for Xplosion: Davey Richards def. Robbie E (w/ DJ Zema) with a rollup

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing April 3, 2014 from Orlando, FL

*Magnus came out for the opening promo and introduced Abyss, who came out in a suit. Magnus said this is how the upper echelon dresses. Magnus called Abyss a winner and wanted to discuss strategy for their match. Magnus said it was a four corners match with the hook of seeing him and Abyss face off but that wouldn't happen. Magnus said they are a team and he treats Abyss like a star. Magnus added that he didn't have to remind Abyss how Jim Mitchell or Eric Young treated him. Magnus tells Abyss that he loves him and hugs him. As they go to leave, Eric Young comes out through the crowd and attacks Abyss. They double team Young until Samoa Joe makes the save. Joe & Young exchange words before leaving.

*Backstage, Brittany offered to be Madison Rayne's partner against the Beautiful People. Madison said she didn't want to put her through that. Brittany talked about when Madison was new and now she's on top so she just wants an opportunity. Madison then accepted her offer, noted their similar gear and started talking strategy.

*The Beautiful People (Angelina Love & Velvet Sky) def. Brittany & Madison Rayne after a double kick on Brittany.

*Gunner came out for a promo. Gunner said he was proud of his wins over Storm and proud of all the veterans in the crowd. Gunner thanked his father in the front row. Gunner mentions promising his dad to be world champion one day. James Storm interrupts and mocks Gunner and his dad, calling them disappointments. Gunner attacked but Storm fought back and hit the Last Call. Storm handcuffed Gunner to the middle rope. Storm ended up knocking out Gunner's father with the beer bottle.

*Mr. Anderson came out with a straight jacket and cut a promo on Samuel Shaw. Shaw came out and argued that he's not a creepy bastard. Shaw calls Anderson ordinary and insists that Christy loves him. Anderson attacks Shaw leading to a match..

*Samuel Shaw def. Mr. Anderson in a straightjacket match

*Kenny King returns before the X Division Title match for a promo. King says he's not here to rob the spotlight but to lock it down. King says he is the X Division and says it's not the same without him. MVP comes out and calls Kenny crazy for interrupting his show. Kenny questions it being his show and claims to be the biggest star in the ring. MVP suggests they go to his office and talk but King wants to talk right now. King says he should headline. Kenny suggests an exhibition match against MVP. MVP said the show is booked up but King continued until MVP accepted the challenge.

*Sanada def. Tigre Uno to retain the X Division Title. After the match they shake hands.

*MVP vs Kenny King went the time limit in an exhibition match and ended up being separated by referees.

*Magnus def. Eric Young, Samoa Joe, & Abyss to retain the world title via pinfall on Young. Joe got taken to the back after Magnus low blowed him and laid him out outside. Abyss had Young pinned but Magnus stopped him so he could take the pin. After the match, Magnus and Abyss posed while Abyss seemed displeased.

What, pray tell, is a "straightjacket match?"

On second thought, it involves Anderson so I don't care.

incapacitate your opponent so you can put him in a straitjacket.  most TNA viewers are already incapacitated

What, pray tell, is a "straightjacket match?"

On second thought, it involves Anderson so I don't care.

incapacitate your opponent so you can put him in a straitjacket. most TNA viewers are already incapacitated

...and likewise need to be put in straitjackets.

Will they be able to show restraint and not turn Brittany before this set of tapings is over?

Actually, reading the backstage moment, I thought it was going to be Madison doing the turn during the tag match. So, I consider that quite the restraint right there. :)

So since Russo is back there is no other possible ending to this stalker angle except Christy siding with Shaw and Anderson looks like an idiot. I mean he is one but it's gonna be just a stupid ending to a stupid angle. Russo's shit is so tired why does TNA insist on bringing him back all the time? Don't they have the WWE Network and can see how in hindsight the Attitude era was actually like 95% shit.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked Madison and Brittany as a team too. And I'm glad to see The Beautiful People back together but good gawd are those new outfits ugly. lol I do like the screen portion of their entrance though. Very cool. 

I liked Madison and Brittany as a team too. And I'm glad to see The Beautiful People back together but good gawd are those new outfits ugly. lol I do like the screen portion of their entrance though. Very cool. 

I really liked it when Fillthy Animals 2.0 used it as well, back when Spice was Rey Mysterio's 'onscreen girlfriend'.