DVDVR Message Board
Gonzo

Feeling Poptimistic

Only reason I am posting this now despite it being out for a few weeks is because now the rumors are flying that Sheeran wrote his about Ellie Goulding and that makes me giggle WAY more than it should

Fuck it, I heard this out and about today - Gimme More is a really underrated record. All vestiges of the Britney from One More Time are gone, gone, gone but now, well it's Britney Bitch - and she'll go places 'Xtina' ain't going. You practically get a contact high just watching the video.

This was the track before. Love this too. 2007 was poptastic:

I've always been kinda of the weird opinion that A Thousand Miles is the greatest pop song ever made:

Well, that, or No Sleep Tonight, which no one remembers apart from me:

Point is, I'm a sucker for a great pop song.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about Charli anymore....there's something about her schtick that rubs me wrong. 

Doing It feels like an amalgamation of 4-5 different rip-offs.....can't put my finger on all of them, but one is the beginning of the chorus below....

Being that Good Vibrations was just on the TV (yeah, watch it) and they're from my wee hometown, I dunno, Teenage Kicks is kinda the best pop-punk song ever made:

• Like 3

I find music in weird ways. Both of these songs were featured in the trailer for the movie The Duff. Fuck You.

Too bad Kills and her husband are douches who got themselves kicked off the Australian version of X-Factor

Oh well...

Meanwhile - this has started popping up on the radio

I am neither female nor gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) which seems to be their target audience but I was always slagged for saying Girls Aloud made some pretty swell pop songs. I stand by this assertion:

Plus, Nadine...Derry representing and all that. 

• Like 3

Yup...

• Like 1

This is the song currently being used in the WWE Shop ads.

Damn if it isn't catchy. I am a rube

"We asked you for a single, and you brought us every prom song from every teen movie made in 1986 and 1987 You're lucky that shit's in this week, so we might be able to get a video concept out of it."

(Not hating, I actually do like the song. But the first time I heard it at the gym I was shocked to find out it was from 2014.)