DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: R1 Match 10 Hero vs. Daniels

Chris Hero  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Oh no! It's a battle of the Chriseseses

I feel like these guys were roughly the same consistency wise, but Daniels doesn't have anything even close to the Regal match this year. It's not free online, but I liked Hero's match against Adam Cole a lot as well. 

I forgot about that Harper match. It's really good. Hero is a guy who can have great matches with the right opponent, and did this last year. I kind of liked his unshaven evil hipster character. I like Daniels a lot at times (almost always up against guys who frustrate me though <see: the TNA roster>) but like JR up there said, if the consistency is about the same then it's the high points that stand out. What do people think daniels' best match in the period was?

Fuck a Chris Hero and his shitty elbow-based offense, and his shitty Spin Doctors haircut. Hero's best match (Regal) is better, but Daniels wins every other category. Better promos, makes me want to watch at least one segment on TNA each week.

If this voting is based on "best one match of the past year", then yes, Hero should win. I don't think that's what we are voting on though.

I wouldn't say "Fuck Hero" but I kind of get it.  I've seen three Hero matches from 2014, and either there's a severe lack of flow when he's on offense, or he's just become such an advanced wrestler that he's bringing a match structure that's too complex for me to understand.  Like prog rock.

• Like 5

Hero had good matches against Luke Harper and William Regal.  I should totally hope so, because if you can't have good matches with them, retire now.  Also do more sit ups.  Meanwhile, Daniels after what felt like his whole career finally learned to have a wrestling character so I vote him.

• Like 2

Hero's an interesting wrestler: he may not have gotten a fair shake down in NXT, and I'm not crazy about his elbow-based offense, even if it's a tribute of sorts to Misawa.

Daniels has the Impact Wrestling scarlet letter.

And Hero has the Regal match, which is my tie-breaker.

Hero's big upside here is matches against people (Regal, Harper) that Daniels simply had no access to, stuck in the doldrums of TNA. When you think of great matches Regal and Harper had in this time period, you have to go fairly far down the list to see the name Kassius Ohno.

Hero's an interesting wrestler: he may not have gotten a fair shake down in NXT, and I'm not crazy about his elbow-based offense, even if it's a tribute of sorts to Misawa.

I feel like if Hero never decided to do his Misawa tribute and kept going with his Tracey Smothers tribute gimmick, he would be winning this approximately 483452394762398 to 0.

• Like 1

Hero's big upside here is matches against people (Regal, Harper) that Daniels simply had no access to, stuck in the doldrums of TNA. When you think of great matches Regal and Harper had in this time period, you have to go fairly far down the list to see the name Kassius Ohno.

Full disclosure, I do think Hero vs. Ray Rowe from early 2014 deserves a look.  Skip to the 2 hour 30 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbekomngnm8

• Like 1

I don't think that's what we are voting on though.

Of course not. We are voting on catchphrases and good heel runs from 3 years ago.

Shit Punk has it in the bag then.

I actually had a dream I was hanging out with Punk last night. He lived in a crack den and kept pissing everywhere so I started pissing everywhere. (When I woke up I needed to pee) Then he kept trying to look at my phone to see what I was doing when I was posting here and I was like noooo you'll never find out who I am.

• Like 1

I actually had a dream I was hanging out with Punk last night. He lived in a crack den and kept pissing everywhere so I started pissing everywhere. (When I woke up I needed to pee) Then he kept trying to look at my phone to see what I was doing when I was posting here and I was like noooo you'll never find out who I am.

When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back at you.

When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back at you.

Wouldn't that actually be Joseph Park staring back at you

• Like 1

Damn. The one time I put a guy ahead in the brackets based on how I figured the board would vote, and I find out that everyone broke up with Hero without telling me.

*sees voting, edits* 

Never mind.

The Fallen Martini Angel totally deserved to move on to D-Bry. I feel dirty.

• Like 1

I can't believe it, but I'm going to vote for a TNA wrestler here. Bad Influence is a beacon in the utter darkness that is TNA, and I'm not big on Hero's striking, which is kinda like being down on McGuinness's lariats a few years ago. If that forms the basis of what they do on offense, there's really no way to enjoy them.