DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 3/7/14

victor

I just watched that Shield bit again and that was the shit. I think Ambrose threw a punch because Rollins legit busted his lip with that slap.

EDIT: Well, it was planned far as the punch goes, but went better with Ambrose getting a legit fat lip

Yeah, that Shield segment was great. This whole storyline has been so terrific and compelling. I like where they left it at right now -- the house of cards almost toppled, but hasn't quite yet. They're on the same page, but who knows for how long. Rollins has totally stolen the mat out from both Reigns and Ambrose as member with most potential as a solo act, I think. The dude is an absolutely fantastic professional wrestler. I might launch a campaign for him to win the tournament.

Daniel Bryan being allowed to make fun of Batista's belly buton tattoo just means that CM Punk is going to interfere against him at Wrestlemania and we'll get a feud over DB's lack of respect for tattoos.

AJ's facials putting on that chin lock made her look a bit like Xenia Onatopp.

Only Punk actually has good, meaningful tattoos and not corny spring break tribal garbage.

Can't believe they let Bryan completely emasculate Batista like that. That was a HHH-level verbal burial. It was glorious.

Daniel Bryan being allowed to make fun of Batista's belly buton tattoo just means that CM Punk is going to interfere against him at Wrestlemania and we'll get a feud over DB's lack of respect for tattoos.

AJ's facials putting on that chin lock made her look a bit like Xenia Onatopp.

Only Punk actually has good, meaningful tattoos and not corny spring break tribal garbage.

Can't believe they let Bryan completely emasculate Batista like that. That was a HHH-level verbal burial. It was glorious.

I thought that at first but then I took a second and realized they've been doing that to Bryan for about 8 months now. First time he's been able to say something vitriolic and it was great.

Also, this whole "yes movement" and having Bryan lamely appeal to the fans is like the ultimate corporate appropriation of an organic cause. Right down to the awful Che Guevara inspired shirt. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't going to potentially undermine Bryan's momentum.

There's a key difference. Austin was inviting people along for the ride, whereas Daniel Bryan is more or less bumming a ride from the fans with his pandering. It's too much. They're right to have him do it but be subtle about it. Show some tact. This whole thing is about the fans latching onto their guy, the guy the machine does not want. By creating hash tags and shit for him, it's making him part of the machine. This is where the attention to the little things is so important, like Nash and Hall insisting fans couldn't buy nWo merch at WCW stands for the first while of the invasion. If you're trying to make him a rebel, go all out with it.

Minus Steph telling Bryan/the roster that they should be thankful for everything WWE does for them, including giving them a ring, yeah, it's been great.

That's called being a bad guy/ gal who's playing the role the internet has created for her.

• Like 2

When I see the words Batista and emasculate, all I see is the Royal Rumble final 2, with a fit young Samoan dude standing tall against an old man holding the ropes to stay on his feet.

Minus Steph telling Bryan/the roster that they should be thankful for everything WWE does for them, including giving them a ring, yeah, it's been great.

That's called being a bad guy/ gal who's playing the role the internet has created for her.

Bad guys put somebody over eventually.

If you're crapping on HHH/Steph not selling, then you can't say anything about the WWE not having strong heels later. Not saying anyone will, but IWC folks have long complained about the WWE not booking strong heels. Well, here are two really strong heels.

HHH and Steph showed a ton of ass on Monday during the protest. It worked in a huge way. Why? Because they finally melted down under pressure. If they get humiliated regularly, then segments like that -- and/or HHH losing his match -- don't have any importance if the comeuppance is regular.

And ask yourself this -- how do you get one over physically on Steph? Dudes should never, ever hit a woman, no matter how reprehensible she acts. So you have to humiliate her in another way.

Show made her show ass when she slapped the crap out of him and he just stood there and smiled right in her face and didn't kowtow. She looked like an awful person who was completely ineffectual in her attempt to make Show do her bidding. He broke free of her grasp and she looked pretty pathetic trying to get him back into the fold.

If you're crapping on HHH/Steph not selling, then you can't say anything about the WWE not having strong heels later. Not saying anyone will, but IWC folks have long complained about the WWE not booking strong heels. Well, here are two really strong heels.

HHH and Steph showed a ton of ass on Monday during the protest. It worked in a huge way. Why? Because they finally melted down under pressure. If they get humiliated regularly, then segments like that -- and/or HHH losing his match -- don't have any importance if the comeuppance is regular.

There is a difference between being a strong heel and never selling for anyone. Vader in 1993 was a strong heel and he put guys over. Undertaker in 99 let guys like X-Pac attack him. 

Dudes should never, ever hit a woman, no matter how reprehensible she acts. 

If someone is off limits from being physically attacked, they should not be a character in a wrestling promotion. 

That segment with Big Show was terrible. Type of stuff that makes me not want to watch. Wrestling is suppose to be a power fantasy for common people, not old rich people and their sheltered children. 

That is not even going into the time Steph made the Divas Champion look like shit. 

Well that's great, they've managed to create two strong heels who between them are good for about 2 matches a year.

Well that's great, they've managed to create two strong heels who between them are good for about 2 matches a year.

The main nemesis SHOULDN'T be fighting dudes weekly. Dr. Doom doesn't lower himself to getting in the ring with Sin Cara and Human Torch in the second hour of Raw. He has Doombots, Shields, Paste Pots, and bands made of Three Men for that.