DVDVR Message Board

The Batman: Arkham series.

I'm very happy I didn't pre-order the game or pay for the season pass now.  I also even thought about pre-ordering the Batmobile edition...which also got cancelled.   AAA curse has also stuck Batman Arkham Knight.  What a disappointment.

Yeah, wait whut? This game is fucking awesome on PS4 (and I imagine Xbox One). The PC port is a different (shittier) beast.

Also, they vary up the Riddler challenges, thankfully. The second batmobile one is a rather simple puzzle and the third batmobile one isn't nearly as hard as the first one and I did it first try (after taking a good 10 or so attempts at the first one). He also has a sweet surprise that you really ought to play through, so don't skip out on his stuff.

Some of his riddles are a real pain in the ass though. :/ I'll probably just do them near the end of the game in one long slog.

• Like 2

Yeah, as long as you aren't playing on PC, this game seems to be a winner.

Also, I have watched the entire games story via the modern marvel that is youtube, so the following is HEAVY spoiler stuff

I feel like how you feel about this story depends greatly on a couple things. Do you like the reveal of Arkham Knight, and what do you feel about Joker still being a major part of the story even after death. Neither of those bothered me, so I greatly enjoyed it. Think this story was better then, say Arkham Asylum. 

Kinda stunned they killed off Ivy. 

But yeah, this game rules imo

Yeah, wait whut? This game is fucking awesome on PS4 (and I imagine Xbox One). The PC port is a different (shittier) beast.

Also, they vary up the Riddler challenges, thankfully. The second batmobile one is a rather simple puzzle and the third batmobile one isn't nearly as hard as the first one and I did it first try (after taking a good 10 or so attempts at the first one). He also has a sweet surprise that you really ought to play through, so don't skip out on his stuff.

Some of his riddles are a real pain in the ass though. :/ I'll probably just do them near the end of the game in one long slog.

I was extremely relieved to find out the 2nd challenge was basically just a variation on the Riddler Rooms from AC.

Dual combat is phenomenally fun.

Ehhh..I'm running on low setting and I'm not really having a problem outside of cutscenes. It still looks pretty good and the gameplay is exactly the same, so it's fun as hell. 

Yep, I'd say the overabundance of Riddler shyit and using the batmobile too much are my complaints for an otherwise spectac game.

Early on I was worried I was already at 20% of the story but then I forgot that each major story setpiece takes longer and longer as you go. 

• Like 1

Spoiler context: I'm at the point in the game where you interrogate the guy trapped beneath the Batmobile. (How many of you sick fucks kept revving the engine in hopes of seeing the guys head get crushed? I mean, I did.)

Just wanted to say that I'm loving what they're doing with the Joker. All the camera tricks are awesomely trippy. I was in a random street battle earlier, and Joker just came running up out of nowhere and joined in. There should've been a Fight Club cam where you can see Bats fighting no one while the thugs stand around scratching their heads.

Hope I didn't just spoil Fight Club for anybody....

• Like 1

Spoiler context: I'm at the point in the game where you interrogate the guy trapped beneath the Batmobile. (How many of you sick fucks kept revving the engine in hopes of seeing the guys head get crushed? I mean, I did.)

Just wanted to say that I'm loving what they're doing with the Joker. All the camera tricks are awesomely trippy. I was in a random street battle earlier, and Joker just came running up out of nowhere and joined in. There should've been a Fight Club cam where you can see Bats fighting no one while the thugs stand around scratching their heads.

Hope I didn't just spoil Fight Club for anybody....

Hell yes,

I got the identity of the Arkham Knight spoiled for me before the game came out. So I thought this game had no surprises for me and my excitement was hurt. But I did not expect this twist and it's making the whole game for me. I love it. I haven't even had Joker join in on a fight yet, I gotta make that happen.

So, I'm just barely into the game, but I'm in the batmobile, on the roof, looking at the Panessa Studios Antenna, and no button on my controller will let me use the motherfucking power wench.

I'm utterly baffled.

Also, I have watched the entire games story via the modern marvel that is youtube, so the following is HEAVY spoiler stuff

I feel like how you feel about this story depends greatly on a couple things. Do you like the reveal of Arkham Knight, and what do you feel about Joker still being a major part of the story even after death. Neither of those bothered me, so I greatly enjoyed it. Think this story was better then, say Arkham Asylum.

Kinda stunned they killed off Ivy.

But yeah, this game rules imo

I think i would rather watch the game via youtube now, than actually try and plsy it.

I just was in the evidence room for the first time and it hit me one of the coolest things about this story. I don't know if they purposely marketing it like this, or if I just wasn't paying attention, but I don't really know the villains who are gonna show up in this. So far, I haven't seen Harley Quinn, Bane, Killer Croc, Deadshot, Deathstroke, Ra's Al Ghul, etc. And I have no idea if they're coming later in the game or if they've been left out and that's awesome! Please, no one tell me.

That's why I was so shocked when

Joker kinda-sorta came back.

• Like 1

Fuck off, Riddler. The Batmobile will not reach that platform no matter how hard I try.

The evidence room in the GCPD is pretty cool, references the previous games, including Arkham Origins.

His "riddles" are killing my thumbs. Wait until you get past that one. The next one is a real fuckin' doozy.

I wish you could make waypoints for all side missions and not just the main story. I don't know where the hell the fire fighters are located.