DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

On the 1993 ECW Hardcore TV #28, I got my first parental control message which is weird because then it showed a TV-PG rating.  Seems a little contradictory but oh well.  Sure enough on Roku the video didn't work.  When I checked on my PC, I didn't get the parental warning but it actually worked.  Guess I have to go play around with the parental controls again

Sounds like they're in the process of making sure things go as smoothly as possible for 'Mania...

“Notwithstanding the overwhelmingly positive response to WWE Network, we want to ensure subscribers have the highest-quality experience watching WrestleMania 30 and all our programming, and thus have put in place significant quality assurances. These steps include increased capacity to handle high volumes of transactions, logins, and concurrent live streams, daily ‘stress’ testing of all systems over an extended period, and the addition of technology experts to review our plan and procedures. We’re confident that we’ll be ready on Sunday, April 6.”

Why didn't all the people who have the network not have WWE 24/7? You could actually watch that on TV and easily record it on a DVD recorder while watching it.

Classics on demand was only available via certain cable companies

Why didn't all the people who have the network not have WWE 24/7? You could actually watch that on TV and easily record it on a DVD recorder while watching it.

Yeah it was never available in my area.

Yeah it was never available in my area.

Also, the cheapest cable tv in my area was still around $30, and then another 8 or 10 for WWE 24/7. But you can't get that basic cable when for only a few dollars more you can get channels I will actually watch. And a few dollars more because the favorites are in the top tier. So every time I got cable, I would get 24/7 -- but the whole concept seemed to cost me $100 or more. So I would usually cancel the whole package after a few months. Wasn't worth it.

Ran across this trying to find out what was in the update that just downloaded to my PS4. It is a good way to keep up with the changes to the network.

www.reddit.com/r/wwenetwork/

On the 1993 ECW Hardcore TV #28, I got my first parental control message which is weird because then it showed a TV-PG rating.  Seems a little contradictory but oh well.  Sure enough on Roku the video didn't work.  When I checked on my PC, I didn't get the parental warning but it actually worked.  Guess I have to go play around with the parental controls again

Have you figured out a fix for this? I tried to watch the same episode last night on my Roku, got the parental control message (also my first one) and it wound up not working.

EDIT: In case this hasn't been posted yet...

Qcqdn4M.png

Bobby Heenan gets taken to the extreme.

• Like 1

No I just decided to watch it on my phone. Good thing it is only about 45 minutes.   I tried playing around with the parental controls on Roku and WWE network account and it didn't help.    The chances of getting anyone to help you on Roku is really unlikely at this rate.

No I just decided to watch it on my phone. Good thing it is only about 45 minutes.   I tried playing around with the parental controls on Roku and WWE network account and it didn't help.    The chances of getting anyone to help you on Roku is really unlikely at this rate.

Well that's a letdown.

Well that's a letdown.

I just tried it again and I didn't get a playback error.  Of course no idea if it finishes to the end but that was an improvement  :P

And they finally put up 2012 year in the Beyond the Ring section for the last 2 shows. 

So the xBox app still sucks huh, I'm trying to decide if I want to give this another try since I just got an email from WWE offering me a second 1 week trial but I only have till saturday to bite. The 360 is my only way to view right now because I'm still running Snow Leopard on my laptop and haven't upgraded to Mavericks yet.

So can anyone using the 360 app let me know if at least the wwe ppv's that were missing (Mania's, Royal Rumbles) are back up yet?

It seems like they have the PPV's in both the traditional spot and the vault location (for the ECW one's at least, I didn't check WCW). In case anyone was wondering, Heatwave 98 in the traditional spot has the regular screenshot but the one in vault location still has the Bobby Heenan screen. It still cracks me up.

Dudes, seriously, splurge the 35-60 and get a roku box. The newest thumb drive edition is on sale for $55 on Amazon. Best investment you'll ever make.

it isn't like Roku is working perfect for the network either.  Better than xbox from the sounds of it but still many issues.

Does a search for Madusa give any kind of results on x-box/roku/PS3?  On the PC search it only brings up a random ECW episode and Beach Blast '92.  Searching for Alundra Blayze brings up all her WWF matches, but nothing for Madusa

What the hell is Russo doing as a talking head on WWE Countdown. (Cesaro is the best talking head).

It's fucking unsettling. There should have been a disclaimer I wasn't prepared for that. Also, I won't complain about them doing black and white when there is blood on these retrospectives as long as they do cool things like keep the World Title gold while everything else is black and white.