DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I am afraid the stranglehold that the sin of sloth has on me may end up disappointing you lads.

I am lazy beyond words.  If I get really settled for the evening, I will be home to stay.

Sucker...

I wasn't considering it until I remembered the codes I redeemed this morning.

Curiousity is working overtime right now.

I have a whole six-pack of Pepsi at the house.  If I drink all of them starting at 8PM, the sugar rush and unbearable pressure on my bladder would totally keep me awake until at least four in the morning.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Well even if you went and got it at midnight - by the time it downloaded you would be fast asleep.

You are old.

As much as I am insulted by this, it is a true and accurate statement.  My body clock was also made by the Swiss.  It knows I have to be at work by 7AM, so it is programmed to shut my ass down by 10PM.

• Like 1

The last couple pages of JT slowly succumbing to peer pressure and curiosity has been great.

Somewhere, a couple of youngf jehovan's witnesses are readying their watchtowers.

That would definitely put me to sleep before midnight, bro.

I am old.  It might kill me.

For anyone that played that beta here, don't know if this was a problem, but my biggest problem while playing the beta was the server crashes.  I hope they have fixed this for launch considering all the hype and pre-orders.

No server colony in history will be able to withstand the bombardment of data that the Destiny servers willl get tonght.   I wouldn't even bother trying to play until Wednesda but I know the temptation will be strong.  

The game box will sit there on your coffee table... taunting you...

More like it won't be able to withstand how badly I destroy the Darkness.

Pulled this:

Access to Vanguard Armory can also be attained through gameplay.

20 GB hard drive storage is required for Xbox 360 and 40 GB hard drive storage is required for Xbox One. Additional storage may be required for some updates and features. Storage requirements subject to change.

from here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/destiny

for the 360 players, you're going to need 20 gigs.  It won't be a problem on my main console where I have internal storage, but I'll be getting two copies (one for the kid), and may pose a problem there.  I may need to either 1) buy a new xbox brick drive or 2) buy a new laptop drive, stick it in the brick I already have

Edited by misanthrope304

And listen to be perfectly honest about the story, I think it's a little something to be desired and a very sort of boring and dull story, but that's not really what is drawing me into the game.  

A lot of sci-fi games tend to have weak, derivative stories like this.  I was more into the really strong FPS controls and the whole atmosphere of the world.  

Welcome to the group Robert, so which system are you getting this for?

If I get the game soon, and I might get it this week, it'll be 360.  My PS3 isn't even online, and I probably won't get a next gen system till around November - just in time to let it start gathering dust.

• Like 1

My brother and I (he posts here sometimes, I'm trying to get him to join the clan) are going to a midnight release at GameStop tonight. I'm going to try and be online after that.

Can't decide if I want to run a hunter, like I did in beta, or a titan.

So yeah.  I have convinced myself that if I am awake around midnight, I may zip over to the 24 hour Wal Mart and get a copy.

Most likely I will be looking at the backs of my eyelids by 10PM.

8180b38abb56986a91e58dacadb7155d865a718f

Peer pressure purchases are never a good thing.

*looks at my backlog*

Yeah.

I'm thinking I'll run all 3 classes, at least till I figure out what I like best, and how that balances with what everybody else has.  I tried hunter and warlock for the demo, but somehow found myself punching/stabbing things most of the time. 

All I know for sure is that they will have purple hair, which I must always pick if available.

During the beta I saw a post here that the titans was looking to be the least played class, now it looks to become the most played among those on the board. I was a titan in the beta and will continue that route in 7 hours.

• Like 1