DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

That's two different emblems. The Beta emblem, nothing has been mentioned and I don't think anything will be. It'll just show up in your inventory when the game comes out.

That said, if you didn't actually play on the moon, I still think you're screwed J.T.

Oh, well.  I will just nab the Planet View emblem.  To those who haven't gone to Planet View yet, the site prefers that you use Google Chrome.  

If you don't want to download the browser or are just plain lazy, use the code in the spoiler space of Roofie's post.

Picking up Pokemon Y a few days ago has totally killed me excitement for this game. And my excitement for making videos. And my excitement for doing anything except playing more Pokemon. Dead serious, I almost turned down sex the other night for Pokemon.

What are you? Fifteen years old?  Booty will always trump Pokemon. 

The only thing that could really kill my excitement for this game is the unchecked modding and glitching going on in GTA Online.  I have all but stopped playing GTA:O now because of modmenu kids.

I can say with confidence and certainty that I have never passed up women in favor of video games.

At least not when they were right there in the room with me.    Sometimes they do have a habit of wanting to talk to me on the phone when I am in the middle of an intense firefight on some video game. 

The current woman in my life has the absolute worst timing when it comes to phone calls, but I love 'er just the same...

I can say with confidence and certainty that I have never passed up women in favor of video games.

At least not when they were right there in the room with me.    Sometimes they do have a habit of wanting to talk to me on the phone when I am in the middle of an intense firefight on some video game. 

The current woman in my life has the absolute worst timing when it comes to phone calls, but I love 'er just the same...

Ok, in my defense, she wasn't in the room or at my place when I intially was gonna turn her down. She still had to come over.

Ok, in my defense, she wasn't in the room or at my place when I intially was gonna turn her down. She still had to come over.

I hope you vaccuumed or at least got the dishes out of the sink.

I can say with confidence and certainty that I have never passed up women in favor of video games.

At least not when they were right there in the room with me. Sometimes they do have a habit of wanting to talk to me on the phone when I am in the middle of an intense firefight on some video game.

The current woman in my life has the absolute worst timing when it comes to phone calls, but I love 'er just the same...

I hope you vaccuumed or at least got the dishes out of the sink.

Nope. It's a running joke actually that I haven't done my dishes in months. Whatever. She's not my girlfriend.

Bugs are deal breakers, man.   Use your dishwasher.

I am kinda torn between whether or not I want player controlled jumpships and space combat in this game, especially if matchmaking is going to be wonky.  Jump To Lightspeed was the best thing and worst that happend to Star Wars Galaxies, IMO. 

I'd love to be able to navigate my own ship in Destiny, but not if that means additional maps and files with sizes in the tens of gigs, network traffic that brings connection speed to a crawl, or having to field hundreds of players to do one mission like in the not so good old days of EverQuest.

Don't have one. Gotta be done by hand.

Paper plates and plastic cuttlery are the dishwasher-less bachelor's best friend.  I'd rather take out the trash than wash dishes, so I always had paper plates and disposable forks handly.

Bought beverages in cans and plastic bottles.  No glasses to wash!

• Like 1

Life lesson: Wash your fucking dishes.

I used to live with two of my buddies in an apartment and eventually had to move out because I school was suffering. After a couple weeks of moving out, I went over to hang out and immediately there was this...smell. I look in the kitchen and the dishes are just piled in there. I thought I would be nice and wash them because I still felt bad for leaving them with a 1/3rd more rent to pay each month. After the first couple dishes I grabbed, a cloud of gnats or fruit flies flew up. I dug around some more and found the sponge. I did not touch said sponge because...

it was full of maggots.

I've never been so horrified in all my life. I get goosebumps just thinking about it. I later came to find out that they would just keep spraying Febreeze in the kitchen to tamp down the smell.

Now, I don't consider myself a clean person because I do let things get a little cluttered from time to time, but I know I'm a hell of a lot cleaner than my friends. At least I can say that they're both living much cleaner now. Part of that is due to wives and, in the case of my buddy who is still single, using paper plates and plastic ware. 

• Like 1

Add in take out the goddamn trash, put your dirty clothes in a hamper and wash them in a timely manner. I just don't understand filthy people. I'm not a neat freak either but I won't let a sink just pile up with dirty dishes or let the trash overflow. I've lived with people like that before and it baffles me how disgusting some people are.

I have a question about the game. It might be a dumb one but here goes, if I'm playing on a PS3, will I be able to interact with people playing on a PS4?

Add in take out the goddamn trash, put your dirty clothes in a hamper and wash them in a timely manner. I just don't understand filthy people. I'm not a neat freak either but I won't let a sink just pile up with dirty dishes or let the trash overflow. I've lived with people like that before and it baffles me how disgusting some people are.

I have a question about the game. It might be a dumb one but here goes, if I'm playing on a PS3, will I be able to interact with people playing on a PS4?

No.  There won't be any cross-platform play and that is by design.  Current gen consoles (XBone, PS4) will have a processing and rendering edge over previous gen consoles so server networks will bundle like consoles together to keep the PvP playing field level.

Of all of the MMO's, I think that Final Fantasy 11 probably has the best cross platform model, but that is probably because FF11 is mostly a co-op MMO.  There isn't too much PVP.  

• Like 1

Here's another question: Do characters cross over? Meaning, if I start a dude on the PS4 and then at some point, I get a XBone and Destiny, can I then play that same character on the XBone Destiny?

Here's another question: Do characters cross over? Meaning, if I start a dude on the PS4 and then at some point, I get a XBone and Destiny, can I then play that same character on the XBone Destiny?

If your accounts are linked to your gamertags, then I think the answer is no.   You could probably use your M$ character on 360 and XBone and likewise with PS3 and PS4, but probably not between rival consoles.

you can link multiple (psn & xbl) accounts to your bungie.net account, and their game servers, I think you will be able to do that.  Sorta like how the social club is for gta5, and how the 360 players will be able to play their characters on ps4.

It seems like I read this somewhere already.

*edit* read incorrectly

Abatron
Jul 29 at 10:39:05 AM
Question if anyone knows. I have some friends that pre-ordered on PS4, some on the 360, and some on the xbone. I know in the beta you can share your characters across 360 and xbone. If I get the game on the PS4 and Xbone, link my xbox live account and PSN account on the bungie website, will that allow me to play my characters on PSN and Xbox live if I buy 2 copies?
  • Destiny25.jpg?cv=3983621339&av=845768246
    comiclegregblade
    Jul 29 at 6:44:33 PM Permalink
    Unfortunately no your progress is only transferred between the same console (ex. 360 - one and PS3 - PS4)
  • Like 1

Awesome, so I can start on PS3, and then convert over to PS4 with the same character? I feel a lot better about my choice to hold off on a PS4, then.

Also, that live action trailer was amazing, but... no Golden Gun? :(