DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-27-14 - Post-Rumble Raw

MGFanJay

Man, Road Dogg has such a natural delivery on the mic, he says nothing and still out classes damn near the whole roster.

It is still slightly mind blowing to me just how fucking over AmDrag is.

I never want to see him wrestle again, but it's a mind-boggling that Road Dogg isn't on TV as the mouthpiece for someone.

Exactly. His intro schtick might be stale, but the original bits are always good, and he is just so natural.

there'd be a solid reason to do Shield v. Wyatts at EC.

So the EC match is.... Orton v. Cena v. Bryan v. Sheamus v. Brock v..... I shouldn't blank on the 3rd heel, should I? I was thinking they'd put Bray in the EC match. They could put Bray and Reigns in the match with Orton, Cena, Bryan, Sheamus, then put Rollins/Ambrose v. Luke/Rowan. But that could put off the "THE SHIELD EXPLODES" storyline since Reigns is the guy turning face out of those 3.

Figure we might get Del Rio/Batista at EC, if Batista's caught his breath by then. I'd keep Brock out of the chamber, myself, but then they'd really have slim pickings since he's just packed Show and Henry off for the time being. Punk, maybe?

oh yeah, did I forget some part of the show, or did Punk not show up tonight?

Miz's dad is Ned Yost?

Two extra notes

1) it's kinda annoying that the NAO are doing their face schtick while working matches as heels. But their "we don't want to be here" stuff was superbly done. Bring on NAO v. Usos.

2) WWE crowds love chanting stuff. Ask the Real Americans

D-Bry brings in the casual dog audience that the WWE has been sorely lacking.

Well dogs can understand him when he's tripping over his lines during the opening segments. Plus, they sure do love his new beard cap(Perfect for training your dog not to urinate all over the living room floor). 

1) it's kinda annoying that the NAO are doing their face schtick while working matches as heels. But their "we don't want to be here" stuff was superbly done. Bring on NAO v. Usos.

In defense of the NAO they did the same thing when they were heels during the late 90's.

So, is Brock gonna keep killing people until he gets something he wants?

I want to see Brock destroy El Torito.

Brock redoing the Rey lawn dart spot with him would be comedy gold. If Brock is in the chamber, he's gonna do that to poor Daniel Bryan and send him flying right through the fence.

• Like 1

In defense of the NAO they did the same thing when they were heels during the late 90's.

yeah, aside from their pre-DX heel run, which was pretty awesome, they've either been faces or "cool heels" in the WWE since then.

Dear WWE people who might be reading this: teach the Outlaws how to mock the prematch Haka. I'm pretty sure that'd justify Samoans kicking their asses

Why the fuck do they keep calling Seth Rollins an architect??? Does Cole not know hoe to say "technician"?

Harkening back to the Russo discussion in the Rumble thread, Cole's idiotic nicknames for the Shield reminds me of when Shane Douglas, Saturn, and Malenko formed a faction in WCW and then did this asinine Russo-rific promo saying their new names would be Cobra, Viper and Mamba.

Why the fuck do they keep calling Seth Rollins an architect??? Does Cole not know hoe to say "technician"?

He's the same guy that still uses "Controlled frenzy". Just be thankful he doesn't use "Swashbuckling style" during Rey matches anymore.

It's funny how hard it is to explain wrestling to people who don't watch it regularly.

My sister was over when I was watching the opening interview segment and she asked me why Cena and Sheamus didn't just run out together to save Daniel Bryan instead of each coming out separately and I was thinking.. "well, they had to play each of their theme songs to get each guy a good pop from the crowd" but you would sound like a complete fucking retard trying to explain something like that to someone who doesn't watch wrestling. Why can't they just run out and save their friend without ANY music playing at all?

Ah, wrestling.

I heard that's what happened to that guy who was stabbed to death in China out on the street and nobody helped him. Everyone was waiting for their music to play.

• Like 1

Too bad HHH married the boss's daughter and became successful at his chosen profession because he totally missed his calling as a message board troll. That opening promo combining Gonzalez's mic skills with FSW's workrate was a thing of absolute beauty.

How do we know HHH isn't a message board troll? Maybe he's Gonzalez. It's already established that Waiter is Punk and we all know how FSW and Gonzalez don't get along. Makes sense. Punk:Pipe Bomb::FSW:Ban Hammer

It's funny how hard it is to explain wrestling to people who don't watch it regularly.

My sister was over when I was watching the opening interview segment and she asked me why Cena and Sheamus didn't just run out together to save Daniel Bryan instead of each coming out separately and I was thinking.. "well, they had to play each of their theme songs to get each guy a good pop from the crowd" but you would sound like a complete fucking retard trying to explain something like that to someone who doesn't watch wrestling. Why can't they just run out and save their friend without ANY music playing at all?

Ah, wrestling.

I heard that's what happened to that guy who was stabbed to death in China out on the street and nobody helped him. Everyone was waiting for their music to play.

Kitty Genovese would still be alive if we had theme music in the 1960s

• Like 5