DVDVR Message Board

They did a bunch of inside jokes during the reformed DX days, with Hunter making wink-wink comments during his feud with Vince that clearly referred to him still being married to Stephanie.  But I don't think they ever explicitly said it in a way that would make it clear to all the casual fans.  

They did a bunch of inside jokes during the reformed DX days, with Hunter making wink-wink comments during his feud with Vince that clearly referred to him still being married to Stephanie.  But I don't think they ever explicitly said it in a way that would make it clear to all the casual fans.  

Didn't they do some crazy dream sequence thing where he woke up in bed next to Stephanie?

I know they did something like that at the tail end of one of Linda's senate campaigns.  Vince was in a kayfabe coma at the time, and he woke up in the hospital.  His heart monitor started racing when the nurse (played by Freddie Prinze Jr, iirc) told him how much money Linda had blown on the campaign.  Then it turned out to all be a dream Stephanie was having, and Hunter was in bed next to her.  Offscreen, iirc, but clearly heard while they were talking.  "Is my dad still in a coma?"  "Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's brain-dead or something."  

There was the "See you at home ... I mean, you're brother's a gnome." comment during the DX reformation, but I believe there was a kiss in 2007 during the RAW 15th Anniversary. Clearly it became official when HHH stormed the ring and did his angry face after Randy Orton gave Stephanie the RKO having punted Shane.

Pro Wrestling has notoriously bad continuity. Are actual soap operas this bad? 

In theory, Paul Levesque has been playing "Hunter Hearst Helmsley" for almost 20 years. Of course, it's now acknowledged that his real name is Paul Levesque, but he still goes by "Triple H." What in the hell does "Triple H" mean if not "Hunter Hearst Helmsley?" Why did Paul Levesque pretend to be "Hunter Hearst Helmsley?" By the way, didn't he get divorced from Stephanie in 2002? Why were they suddenly married again as if nothing had happened?

Forget Kane, Triple H's character makes no fucking sense.  

Maybe they just wanted to remarry in a normal and non-drugged Steph sorta way.

There was the "See you at home ... I mean, you're brother's a gnome." comment during the DX reformation, but I believe there was a kiss in 2007 during the RAW 15th Anniversary. Clearly it became official when HHH stormed the ring and did his angry face after Randy Orton gave Stephanie the RKO having punted Shane.

HHH-Angry.gif

Pro Wrestling has notoriously bad continuity. Are actual soap operas this bad? 

In theory, Paul Levesque has been playing "Hunter Hearst Helmsley" for almost 20 years. Of course, it's now acknowledged that his real name is Paul Levesque, but he still goes by "Triple H." What in the hell does "Triple H" mean if not "Hunter Hearst Helmsley?" Why did Paul Levesque pretend to be "Hunter Hearst Helmsley?" By the way, didn't he get divorced from Stephanie in 2002? Why were they suddenly married again as if nothing had happened?

Forget Kane, Triple H's character makes no fucking sense.  

Maybe they just wanted to remarry in a normal and non-drugged Steph sorta way.

I would've loved to had seen a vignette where we learn that their marriage was actually never legal because Stephanie never actually consented to the marriage.

are those the shows where dudes tear phonebooks in half and do Tony Atlas feats of strength because of the power of Christ?

I think that's the Powerteam ministries.  I still think they should do that with Big E in the New Day gimmick.

• Like 1