DVDVR Message Board

2014 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Yeah, I know the feeling.

Meanwhile I'm still playing around with the Wii U. It's kind of nuts how I've gotten so used to the 3DS and Wii making Nintendo feel 'behind' (bear in mind I had a Vita 18 months before I got a 3DS) that seeing Mario 3D World, with PS3-level graphics, feels like a revelation even after 9 months of PS4 ownership. Just a totally gorgeous game.

I could've told you the PS3 interface sucked day one. Was in disbelief when I realised there were three steps after booting up just to highlight the option of playing the game in the disk drive. Was reminded how absurd this was when recently setting up PS Move and finding that instead of just pointing at what you wanted you had to traverse the same menu but with individual directional waggles instead of d-pad presses.

• Like 1

Yeah, but it seems even worse now that I've gotten accustomed to the really great ps4 interface.

Funny, I don't like the PS4 interface. Hate how it groups everything into a single line. Hate that it bumps up stuff I've never used to the front of the line. Hate that I can't hide stuff I never use. Hate that it takes right 700 clicks to approve a friend request. Hate that some stuff is buried into completely nonsensical places.

Etc.

• Like 2

I finished the story of Far Cry 4. Fun game but I was getting burnt out on it towards the end, so I have no desire to do all the side stuff to get 100%.

My PS3's hard drive is full of stuff from the PSN sales, so I am trying to clear that backlog out. Still trudging through Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, in the middle of The Warriors, and started up Crysis.

A little thing that impresses me about MORDOR is how quickly it loads. You can jump into a game incredibly quickly, and the load time on fast travel (which was a joke in UNITY) is almost non-existent.

That makes it a perfect "got 30 minutes or so to blow" game.

Yeah that sucks. My wife got me a PS4 and I can't get anything set up. I did play a bit of Watch Dogs, which seems fun besides the wonky driving controls and the usual Ubisoft design of way too many side things that aren't all that interesting.

Guest The Magnificent 7

If you like the Arkham games, you should definitely dig Shadow of Mordor

Yeah I love the combat in those games (who doesn't).  The only thing I'll end up bitching about is probably how dark the game appears in tone / violence compared to Tolkien's canon world.  But that's the super nerd in me from what I've seen from gameplay videos. 

My biggest challenge this evening will be getting the boys off Super Smash Bros. Wii U (which they got from Santa) in order for me to play.  I was having a lot of fun with Little Mac against them, though.

At least the attack has given us one fascinating thing in awareness of this website, which provides real-time maps of where traffic attacks are coming and going in the world.

Try not to read nationalism into this. the Lizard Squad guys are just paying other services to essentially fire DDoS cannons at Microsoft Headquarters in Seattle. Where the computers are stationed doesn't matter so much.

At least the attack has given us one fascinating thing in awareness of this website, which provides real-time maps of where traffic attacks are coming and going in the world.

Try not to read nationalism into this. the Lizard Squad guys are just paying other services to essentially fire DDoS cannons at Microsoft Headquarters in Seattle. Where the computers are stationed doesn't matter so much.

What is hosted in St. Louis that is getting destroyed right now?

Ok guys I need some help here: between giftcards and fantasy football winnings, I can finally get a next gen. I'm a ps3 owner and I have quite the backlog and am thinking of getting the Xbox One AC bundle. Should I do this? Also what is the one game I should buy extra?