DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

To everyone confused on Whisenhunt deciding to take the Titans job instead of the Lions job, I'd like to remind everyone that the Lions job is located in Detroit, Michigan.

People say this a lot, but it's not like you have to do a lot of shit within the city. The Ford Field area is really nice and cool and right next to Greek Town, which is also a cool place to kick it. Just outside of Detroit is Farmington Hills and Gross Pointe, which are upscale, wealthy suburbs.

Under Caldwell this season, the Ravens were 29th in total offense (307.4 yards a game) and 25th in scoring (20 points a game). Quarterback Joe Flacco, who Caldwell was brought in to mentor, threw more interceptions (22) than touchdowns (19) this season.

:)

• Like 2

Under Caldwell this season, the Ravens were 29th in total offense (307.4 yards a game) and 25th in scoring (20 points a game). Quarterback Joe Flacco, who Caldwell was brought in to mentor, threw more interceptions (22) than touchdowns (19) this season.

:)

As a Colts fan, enduring two, or maybe it was three, seasons of Caldwell where he wasn't even the coach, Manning was, I can tell you Lions fans that Jim Caldwell is a clueless bumblefuck of a coach. Get prepared for his long stares where you wonder what in the fuck is going through his brain.

• Like 1

I don't think they'll go straight into the shitter. It's not like they're losing all their good players. They'll still win some games. But I don't see Caldwell as the type of upgrade to Schwartz  that will get this group over the hump and into the post-season. It's almost a non-event.

I'm curious to see how many years he gets. 

Hopefully if the Lions are smart they won't give him as many years as the Bears gave Cutler. 

Rather live in Detroit than surround myself with racists in Texas.

Do you know where Texas is located on the globe?

I'm curious to see how many years he gets. 

15 to 25 with time deducted for good behavior?

But seriously, I thought the standard for these kinds of things was a four-year deal. Not that he'll make it through all of that.