DVDVR Message Board

UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva II (12/28/2013) - Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Watching it live, I could hardly see what happened, but when I saw him holding his leg, I knew I was watching exactly zero replays.

Weidman truly is the luckiest man alive. You think the ol' race-baiter is sitting there thinking highly of Weidman after two lucky breaks?

...fucking puns.

Here's the GIF for the sick fucks who want to see it 

6.gif

I didn't look at the initial replay because of how gruesome it was, so I thought he hit his shin, but now looking at the gif you can clearly see that he hit his knee when Weidman had it in the blocking position. Which is one of the worst places to strike.

I see Vitor getting taken down and gassing out hard after Round 1.  

Weidman might be "generic" whatever that means, but he's a bad man.  I got Weidman by ground and pound KO in Round 2.

Vitor went to the 4th with Jones, and almost snapped his arm off. I like Vitor's chances. 

• Like 1

I see Vitor getting taken down and gassing out hard after Round 1.  

Weidman might be "generic" whatever that means, but he's a bad man.  I got Weidman by ground and pound KO in Round 2.

Vitor went to the 4th with Jones, and almost snapped his arm off. I like Vitor's chances. 

Vitor looked good for the first round when he almost finished the armbar.  He had nothing for Jones the rest of the fight.

Kevin Ware already returned to play, so it is possible to recover from this injury even though it looks gruesome. Whether Anderson wants to return is another question. 

I mean, it's way too early to say if a guy can return not.

The Ware injury didn't have the close-up replay that Silva and Sid Vicious have. But it has enough to know it's messed up. But makes it horrifying are the reactions of everyone on the court. Like his teammates on the bench freaking out is absolutely nightmarish.

I mean really even if he can come back, does anybody want to see it? I'd like to know Silva ended after this, recovered, and lived happily training guys & being with his family. Not becoming a stepping stone, and a future sad 30 for 30 subject. 

I mean really even if he can come back, does anybody want to see it? I'd like to know Silva ended after this, recovered, and lived happily training guys & being with his family. Not becoming a stepping stone, and a future sad 30 for 30 subject.

Here's the million dollar question, since someone has to ask it: Assuming Anderson fully recovers and decides to come back, and that by the grace of the All-Mighty himself Weidman is still champ, does Dana do Silva/Weidman 3? IMHO, they gots to.

Retirement fight in Brazil against someone in the bottom top 10 or 15. Leaves his black belt in the cage. Goes off into the sunset.
  • Like 4

Here's the million dollar question, since someone has to ask it: Assuming Anderson fully recovers and decides to come back, and that by the grace of the All-Mighty himself Weidman is still champ, does Dana do Silva/Weidman 3? IMHO, they gots to.

At this rate, it would end with Silva dying of a congenital heart defect. No thanks

• Like 7