DVDVR Message Board

UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva II (12/28/2013) - Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

I don't know about that although having your umbellica cord wrapped around your head as a baby can't be good for the brain

I think her biggest problem is that she is extremely defensive/paranoid about everyone except her mafia of friends. She really needs a loss to get ego of hers in check but not sure meisha should be it. Hopefully she turns into what tyson is now because she definitely acts like Mike in his prime

Mike was very collective & calm in his prime, it was once Cus died he had his downfall. 

That's a common misconception. Bill Cayton and Jimmy Jacobs contributed to much of what Mike went through. Cus dying had a lot to do with it, but he would've had his downfall no matter what because those two royally screwed him over. He was drawn to them because they made Wilfred Benitez some good money. After he lost to Tillman again in the amateurs, they got him $250,000 in his first year of pro boxing. Then, he got the $800k contract with ABC.

Jimmy Jacobs (along with Cayton and Jose Torres) made Tyson sign a contract extension when Jimmy was terminally ill. Problem was he never told Mike he was sick and that contract would eventually hand over a large percentage (15%) of Mike's purses to Jimmy's widow. Lorraine. Keep in mind, Cayton also got 15% and Rooney got 10% as his chief trainer. When Jimmy died, Cayton became Tyson's sole manager. Then, Robin Givens made Tyson look at Cayton's books. Once he got the Spinks bout (with a career high purse at the time of $21 million w/ closed circuit money added), he broke away from Cayton and launched a lawsuit right before he fought Spinks. IIRC, Cayton got served his papers the day of the fight. He hated Cayton all the way to his grave.

Tate is so dances that fine line of being completely ignorant and being a complete carny. I just did a quick search but could not find the interview were Tate says that WMMA doesn't need a 'face'. This was in 2012 while she was Strikeforce champion. The rest of the interview was just Tate showing she knows JACK about the entertainment business, how to draw money, and branding. Rousey went on to get TONS of sponsorships while Tate was soliciting online for sponsors. And now its a different tune. She flip-flops too much on this point.

I honestly don't know how any female in the UFC in 2013 can look into the cameras with a straight face and pretend that Rousey is not the SOLE reason any of them are there. People don't like Jon Jones because he is 'fake' (which I don't consider him to be, because I know one guy who acts JUST like Jones), but Tate is the worse of the two. Her act is so carny at times and is just completely out-of-touch with the business she is in. Tate needs to have a conversation with Couture.

That was very half-hearted though. I doubt she'll do something like that again after the response it got.

She's an idiot raised by a psychopath. What are the odds?

She could have did it for Chris Dorner. Didn't do it. Could have did it for Boston Marathon Bombing. Didn't do it. Could have did something stupid after the Trayvon Martin verdict. Didn't do it. She could have did something stupid after any one of controversies surrounding Benghazi. We got nothing from her. All those things have happened since Sandy Hook.

She won't ever go full Alex Jones false flag acolyte. As I said about a year and a half ago, there will be someone with that type of mentality in the UFC. Ronda Rousey ain't that person. At least not until her movie and fighting career is over.

I just mean do something irreparably stupid.

With her career now, doing anything remotely shit stirring outside the realm of her true profession will harm her popularity. People are extremely sensitive in Hollywood and left leaning. All it takes is one tweet and a career goes up in smoke. That's some damage that can't be undone. Especially if you're planning to leave MMA for movies.

She doesn't come across as a stupid person to me.  A little crazy and irrational at times but certainly not stupid.  I wouldn't expect her to do something irreparably stupid in regards to her career, I'm not sure why you would.  

The problem is from here on out, Zuffa will always attach Rousey to a big card (like this weekend) to claim "See! She's popular!"  Their damage control post-TUF has been hilarious.

She is popular.  And that's how you keep fighters in the limelight, you keep getting people to view them on big selling cards.  But don't fool yourself, she is part of the reason the card will be a big seller.  It's not as if the card is the card and she's just tacked on and along for the ride.  She will play a big part in the buys of that event.  Anderson Silva on his own isn't a big draw, very few guys in UFC history have been big draws on their own.  They all need a big fight on the undercard.  

• Like 1

That was very half-hearted though. I doubt she'll do something like that again after the response it got.

She could have did it for Chris Dorner. Didn't do it. Could have did it for Boston Marathon Bombing. Didn't do it. Could have did something stupid after the Trayvon Martin verdict. Didn't do it. She could have did something stupid after any one of controversies surrounding Benghazi. We got nothing from her. All those things have happened since Sandy Hook.

She won't ever go full Alex Jones false flag acolyte. As I said about a year and a half ago, there will be someone with that type of mentality in the UFC. Ronda Rousey ain't that person. At least not until her movie and fighting career is over.

They already have that person and their name is Joe Rogan.

They already have that person and their name is Joe Rogan.

I mean fighters.

Rogan became a comedian WELL BEFORE the UFC. Fighters and commentators have different requirements. For example, Trigg had to give up the Junkie show when he came back to the UFC.

With her career now, doing anything remotely shit stirring outside the realm of her true profession will harm her popularity. People are extremely sensitive in Hollywood and left leaning. All it takes is one tweet and a career goes up in smoke. That's some damage that can't be undone. Especially if you're planning to leave MMA for movies.

Mel Gibson

Mike Tyson

Mel Gibson

Mike Tyson

What about them?

They should both probably leave town.  Watching Chris Leben fight is hard at this point.  He just doesn't look to be in the same league as his opponents most of the time, and yeah Urijah Hall probably could have done without getting that brutal headkick KO on TUF because it's made people hold him to a high standard.  One that he clearly can't reach. 

Mel Gibson

Mike Tyson

What about them?

People that seem to find work despite "sensitivity".