DVDVR Message Board

UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva II (12/28/2013) - Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Jesus does UFC ever not just instantly rematch people when the wrong person wins?

What fight are you talking about? Silva? I mean don't you think he deserves it?  Rousey/Tate ? Injury and I'm pretty sure UFC wants Ronda to win. 

I don't know about that although having your umbellica cord wrapped around your head as a baby can't be good for the brain

I think her biggest problem is that she is extremely defensive/paranoid about everyone except her mafia of friends. She really needs a loss to get ego of hers in check but not sure meisha should be it. Hopefully she turns into what tyson is now because she definitely acts like Mike in his prime

I don't know about that although having your umbellica cord wrapped around your head as a baby can't be good for the brain

I think her biggest problem is that she is extremely defensive/paranoid about everyone except her mafia of friends. She really needs a loss to get ego of hers in check but not sure meisha should be it. Hopefully she turns into what tyson is now because she definitely acts like Mike in his prime

Mike was very collective & calm in his prime, it was once Cus died he had his downfall. 

Her biggest problem is she thinks she is an honorary Diaz brother.

I'm looking forward to this card probably more than any show I've seen this year.  I do hope Tate gets her arm stretched again not because I don't like her but more because she doesn't deserve to be there.  Cat Zingano beat her but Tate still got rewarded with the show and the title fight.   It's odd since Tate was the one initially complaining about Ronda getting pushed to the front of the women's division back when they originally fought and had a big problem with Ronda in her opinion not deserving to fight her at the time.  Now it's reversed but it's cool because she's benefitting. 

And for some reason, Tate is continuing to play the "Ronda hasn't paid her dues" card.  http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/12/24/Miesha-Tate-Ronda-Rousey-hasnt-paid-her-dues/3731387910329/

"Every single woman that fights MMA has done just as much work as Ronda has, we just haven't gotten as much turnaround," Tate said.  "Those women who came before her haven’t been on magazine covers, they weren't plastered everywhere by the UFC. They didn't get the same reward back. She got 10 times back what she was putting in and maybe everyone else was getting 1 to 1."

Tate, who will take on Rousey on Saturday at UFC 168, said a win will mean a victory for all the others who fought "for breadcrumbs," "only for the love of the sport."

"I've been there and experienced it," she said. "I'm gonna share some of the limelight. These are the girls who deserve a pat on the back."

That's like saying Tom Brady hasn't paid his dues because he never had to wear a leather helmet.  Maybe somebody should tell her without Ronda Rousey, she probably wouldn't be co-main event on Saturday.