DVDVR Message Board

UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva II (12/28/2013) - Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

I still don't understand all the interest in the Ronda fight. SHE ALREADY BEAT TATE HANDILY. Ronda's 2 UFC fights( one vs. a girl who hadn't beaten anybody with a winning record, and her next a girl she already beat.) and she's on UFC's p4p list.  :lol:

i like Meisha so picked her in our real life pool (i'm ahead by enough points to have fun) but picked Rousey in the DVDVR pool (i'm not a fool).

how did Brandao look for being over weight? drained, or just unable to make the cut?

Not an expert, but he doesn't look drained here:

diego-brandao.jpg

He posted some odd tweets about his making weight for the fight.  I know English is not his first language, but something seems off about him right now.  Like Paulo Filho off.

Dustin stuck his hand out to shake his hand when they were about to square off and Diego ignored and Dustin kind of went off on him yelling and pointing his finger in his face.  Never been a fan of his and the missing weight makes me want even more to see Dustin beat him handily.  He's a dangerous fighter though but I agree he seems kind of off. 

I still don't understand all the interest in the Ronda fight

Let me break it down for you- She's the best female fighter in the world, she's an interesting personality whether you like her or dislike her, it's a title fight, it's two people who hate each other.  It's not hard to understand why people are interested in the fight. 

• Like 1

Maybe (Okay most likely) because I live in NY and know A LOT of people who went to Hofstra (including my brother and previous girlfriend), as well as one of my buddies ex's who's best friends with Mrs. Weidman, but this card is getting crazy attention (atleast according to my FB newsfeed). Bias aside, I wouldn't be shocked if this does around 800,000 buys.

Dustin stuck his hand out to shake his hand when they were about to square off and Diego ignored and Dustin kind of went off on him yelling and pointing his finger in his face.  Never been a fan of his and the missing weight makes me want even more to see Dustin beat him handily.  He's a dangerous fighter though but I agree he seems kind of off. 

I still don't understand all the interest in the Ronda fight

Let me break it down for you- She's the best female fighter in the world, she's an interesting personality whether you like her or dislike her, it's a title fight, it's two people who hate each other.  It's not hard to understand why people are interested in the fight. 

• I don't believe she is the best female fighter in the world. Cybrog Santos is.
  • Chris Leben is an interesting personality as well.
  • a title fight (this is basically Bigfoot vs. Cain II)
  • I think one person the other, I'm not sure It's the other way around. 
  • It's a squash match. 

Lol at both Cyborg and Leben comments. For real your listing your reasons why you're not interested and I get that but I'm not sure how you couldn't understand why most people are interested in the fight.

I totally get why SOME people are interested. People who don't follow the sport a ton, cause anybody who does knows it's basically Lee Scott vs. Sid Vicious. I'm not saying it won't be violent and fun to watch, but 6 and half pages of this thread are talking about that fight, and not Silva/Weidman (arguably the biggest fight in UFC history) It's hurting my head. 

• Like 1