DVDVR Message Board

UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva II (12/28/2013) - Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Gruesome injury aside, Weidman looked even better and more dominant in this fight than he did in the first. I think the Vitor fight is a tough one. Vitor is so quick and powerful with his strikes. I don't know who I'd pick in that one.

Ronda was awesome. Basically threw her around like a rag doll, beat the hell out of her face, and then took her arm. Miesha did great at hanging in there but there wasn't any doubt ever in the fight.

• Like 1

If nothing else, let us all imagine BLAF melting down as his company has no remaining stars and his PPV's will do 300k every month.

Rousey can be a pretty big draw based on her personality, no competition though. FSW has a point, Jon Jones last fight barely drew above 300K and he's their biggest star. 

If nothing else, let us all imagine BLAF melting down as his company has no remaining stars and his PPV's will do 300k every month.

Yeah, that's not happening.

No?

02/02/2013 UFC 156 Aldo vs Edgar 330,000

02/23/2013 UFC 157 Rousey vs Carmouche 450,000

03/16/2013 UFC 158 GSP vs Diaz 950,000

04/27/2013 UFC 159 Jones vs Sonnen 530,000

05/25/2013 UFC 160 Velasquez vs Bigfoot II 380,000

06/15/2013 UFC 161 Henderson vs Evans 140,000

07/06/2013 UFC 162 Silva vs Weidman 550,000

08/03/2013 UFC 163 Aldo vs Jung 180,000

08/31/2013 UFC 164 Henderson vs Pettis 270,000

09/21/2013 UFC 165 Jones vs Gustafsson 310,000

10/19/2013 UFC 166 Velasquez vs JDS III 330,000

11/16/2013 UFC 167 GSP vs Hendricks 630,000

2014 for the UFC is going to be horrific.

With all of Anderson's talk about "it is up to God if I win the belt back," I think he is done.  He's comfortable and definitely can't hang his head in shame for his accomplishments.

Rousey can be a pretty big draw based on her personality, no competition though. FSW has a point, Jon Jones last fight barely drew above 300K and he's their biggest star.

The rematch with Gustafsson is going to do bigger. Somewhere in the 400k range.

I think Ronda is a bigger star than Jon, BTW.

As a fellow Long Islander, I'm happy with the result, but that was tough to watch and I feel terrible for what happened to Anderson. Just absolutely gruesome. I hope he's able to recover and live a life he enjoys living.

For the people comparing Silva's injury to Kevin Ware, we don't know the extent of Anderson's damage, just that the strike itself looked ridiculously disgusting. Like someone else said, Kevin Ware is like half Silva's age, so that's probably going to be a big factor in the recovery timetable, assuming the to injuries are similar.

Tonight was the first female MMA fight I've ever seen... and I loved it. It was just a sprint and hella entertaining. The people at the bar I was at were every bit as into Rousey/Tate as they were Silva/Weidman (and this was at a Long Island bar). Someone compared Ronda to Austin but I actually think she's more like 1996 Taz. Walking along the path of rage during the entrance and all that. The Human Submission Machine.

What UFC needs is a Batista vs Brock Lesnar fight, 1 Million buys guaranteed.

By the numbers Rousey is the biggest draw they have left. That's gotta kill Dana. 

GSP has crazy leverage right now, he could probably get some crazy amount from Dana to come back .

Sid just tweeted "welcome to my world, Silva"

Not joking

if it makes you feel any better, i'm 100% sure that's not Sid. No blue-check mark followers at all (and in fact, he has like 1100 followers). There have been multiple fake Sid accounts that got noticed by D-Grade websites for randomly bashing WWE Divas or other such things. Also, this account started in 2011, and Sid's son was saying his dad didn't have a Twitter in 2012 after one of those other fake account eruptions

• Like 1

I can't even see new stars on the horizon. Everyone is so MMA-ish, with the embarrassing tattoos and the good at everything, excellent at nothing skillset. Ronda and Bones are the exception and everyone fucking hates them. UFC is going to take a big step back for the next two years.

And no one hates Floyd? The only guy (besides GSP) who went past 600k this year in combat sports. Twice.

Ronda's looks will cancel out her being a bitch sometimes for the most part. She will still get some shine in the media.

I can't even see new stars on the horizon. Everyone is so MMA-ish, with the embarrassing tattoos and the good at everything, excellent at nothing skillset. Ronda and Bones are the exception and everyone fucking hates them. UFC is going to take a big step back for the next two years.

And no one hates Floyd? The only guy (besides GSP) who went past 600k this year in combat sports. Twice.

Ronda's looks will cancel out her being a bitch sometimes for the most part. She will still get some shine in the media.

Floyd is the biggest star in combat sports, Ronda and Bones are middling stars in a sport most people shit on. It doesn't equate.

Floyd is the biggest star in combat sports, Ronda and Bones are middling stars in a sport most people shit on. It doesn't equate.

Dude, this ain't pro wrestling. You need people to DRAW, period. Not be a babyface/heel. Everyone FUCKING hates Adrien Broner but he is the only one (besides Canelo) that gets Showtime even comparable ratings with HBO.

Dude, this ain't pro wrestling. You need people to DRAW, period. Not be a babyface/heel. Everyone FUCKING hates Adrien Broner but he is the only one (besides Canelo) that gets Showtime even comparable ratings with HBO.

What does any of that have to do with anything I said? Middling stars, sport everyone shits on. I don't care about faces/heels.