DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

Between seeing the Millenium Falcon for the first time, along with the Han and Leia Love Theme, I can't help but to literally get misty-eyed and grin every time I watch the trailer.  I hope I'm not the only one.

• Like 1

Actually, the MCU is the biggest money making franchise ever.

For the next 2 months....

This movie is definitely not making the 4+ billion necessary to close that gap.

(Granted, here the lack of inflation adjustment is a pretty big factor, as is the recent massive increase of foreign box office receipts)

Between seeing the Millenium Falcon for the first time, along with the Han and Leia Love Theme, I can't help but to literally get misty-eyed and grin every time I watch the trailer.  I hope I'm not the only one.

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan in any sense.  I know the basics behind the core story, and that's it.  All of these trailers have me excited, and wanting to watch the previous six films.

• Like 1

To be honest, I didn't even really enjoy Revenge of the Sith that much. It was cool at the time but I have no desire to ever watch it again. I'd be interested to read why some of you guys like it, though. I felt the script was pretty bad.

Lightsaber fights, Order 66, and um... uh.... yeah.

• Like 1

That Vader/Kenobi fight was badass.

That's true. All of the action was good and shit actually happens. Is Hayden Christensen that bad of an actor?

He has one good performance, in Shattered Glass, but that's him playing a guy who's a cocky prick that thinks he's better than everyone else, who is then shocked and humiliated to discover that he's not actually that talented and everyone hates him. So maybe not too much of a stretch for him.

But people who only watch Star Wars think Natalie Portman is bad at acting too, so I'm prepared to blame George Lucas for the bad performances. And the terrible script, too. Everyone on this board could come up with half a dozen lines better than "From my perspective the Jedi are evil".

Some quick advice that just came to mind: Avoid looking at the track names for the soundtrack. Given how the track names spoiled the shit out of events from the prequels (not that it mattered), it would suck to have something spoiled for this.

• Like 1