DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

I maintain that Hayden got the worst material in the prequels dialogue wise. When Ewan MacGregor gets to plead like his soul is being torn apart that Palpatine is evil and Christensen has to reply with "From my perspective the Jedi are the ones who are evil!"

Just fucking yikes.

I still wonder aloud how those words can exit the mouth of a man who hours prior had personally killed a bunch of children with a lightsaber.  Who writes this bullshit?

I'm interested in the movie and can't wait to see it.  On a related note, I'm sure you heard about a terminally ill person who wanted to see the movie.  Well, JJ granted that wishhttp://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/terminally-ill-star-wars-fan-6779488  Very cool of him to do that.

• Like 1

Pardon the inappropriate humor, but she is going to be so many young boys (and girls, for the record) first crush if this movie is good it's going to be mind boggling.

I'm sure it worked that way for many young boys with Natalie Portman with Attack of the Clones.

The movie looks good, but I still want to temper my expectations.  It's still JJ Abrams.

• Like 1

Even the Star Trek movies weren't bad. I preferred the first one and thought it was pretty damn great despite a less than super villain. Super 8 was the best homage to Spielberg possible. HIGH HOPES.

I like Star Trek.  I even like MI3, despite its flaws.  However, sometimes I feel Abrams mucks up in various areas and can't always stick the landing.  Plus all the mystery box garbage he will put around his projects.  Like Khan/John Harrison.

Red Letter Media did a 45 minute video talking about predictions for Episode VII.

Recap:

Han gets killed, Female lead is Han and Leia's kid and the Force Awakens title references her harnessing the power of the force. Kylo Ren is also Leia's or Han's kid. Black lead gets killed (or not because he's listed to being in Episode VIII)

Again these are all predictions. But they seem pretty logical.

Yeah. If these end up being true...and I will bet money they do because this is a JJ Abrams film and it's not going to have a deep story, this seems like a boring film. I think?

I mean, I don't know what I was expecting. But when it's laid out it seems kinda...meh. Who knows. Maybe the execution will be good...but I wouldn't put my money on it.

It won't be as bad as the prequel trilogy...I hope. But I'm so gunshy after the prequel trilogy that I don't trust anything about Star Wars anymore. I'm even repeating the same lies I told myself when I was younger. "There are gonna be three movies. One of them has to be good." "It's Star Wars, they can't screw up Star Wars..."

Sure. The prequel trilogy was all Lucas' fault...but how do we know that we won't all be burning JJ Abrams dolls in the streets three months from now if this is Episode I Take Two?

I don't even know what people want the movie to be. What constitutes as success for this movie? Better than Episode I? 6/10? Is this a movie where nothing short of a **** movie will be acceptable?

I honestly feel like stealing the movie so I can just watch the first 30 minutes. If it's good, I'll go see it in theaters. If not, I'll wait till its on HBO.

At the very least, the reaction from both fans and media during the first weekend is going to be interesting.