DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 4/10 - 4/16/2024 - Julia Hart of (Real) Glass

So, not to share too much here, but I see TK's point. I've been in jail when fights break out. A bystander can get pulled in quickly, without warning. If the aggressor directs their attention towards you, things can shift fast. Hyperbole? Maybe but in the moment, I can see his thoughts.

• Like 2

I'm trying to get reacquainted with AEW programming and I can't recall... what is the difference between Rampage and Collision? I thought they only had two shows. Is Rampage just jobber matches?

7 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I'm trying to get reacquainted with AEW programming and I can't recall... what is the difference between Rampage and Collision? I thought they only had two shows. Is Rampage just jobber matches?

Dynamite is Triple H led Raw with more workrate. Collision is Smackdown Six era Smackdown. Rampage is Heat. ROH is FCW/OVW/Deep South.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

27 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

You're speaking my language.

Who are the Collision Six?

Danielson, Claudio, FTR, Garcia, Shibata? 

Or maybe Christian in there. Brody King? Eddie? I don't know. Give it some time. They run a lot of six-man tags on Collision. But it's really Danielson's show in a lot of ways now that Punk is gone.

On 4/11/2024 at 12:46 PM, Zimbra said:

Willow's recent match with Riho was a real corker, too.

Last night's international feed fun was that Shane Taylor hit the loudest goddamn chop I've ever heard on Hook and Aubrey looked horrified like she'd just seen someone get shot.

Hell yeah, man.  I rewound it to hear it again.  If you haven't seen it, imagine how loud you think a chop can be.  Now realize it was louder than that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jaedmc said:

Rampage is essentially WCW Saturday Night under Jimmy Hart's booking, it's own little world in the AEW ecosystem

Edited by porksweats
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, porksweats said:

Rampage is essentially WCW Saturday Night under Jimmy Hart's booking, it's own little world in the AEW ecosystem

See I half think that’s ROH instead. Rampage is more of a Worldwide.

• Like 4

Just now, Matt D said:

See I half think that’s ROH instead. Rampage is more of a Worldwide.

That's true in the matches, I'm just trying to think how you categorize the storylines that exist seemingly on Rampage only now (Jay Lethal's Jarrett woes, Zak Knight/Cool Hand Ang's beef, anything dealing with Ortiz)

Are Jay Lethal and Jeff Jarrett still working together!?
It's amazing how much I miss out on and how much stays the same. Like I remember when Danielson and Jericho were fighting over the soul of Daniel Garcia. Loved it. I miss one month of shows, come back, and Daniel Garcia is still with Jericho and now he dances. I have no idea how it happened. It just is.

On the other hand, I miss six months and Jay Lethal and Double J still have TV time devoted to their act. Tremendous.

5 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Are Jay Lethal and Jeff Jarrett still working together!?
It's amazing how much I miss out on and how much stays the same. Like I remember when Danielson and Jericho were fighting over the soul of Daniel Garcia. Loved it. I miss one month of shows, come back, and Daniel Garcia is still with Jericho and now he dances. I have no idea how it happened. It just is.

On the other hand, I miss six months and Jay Lethal and Double J still have TV time devoted to their act. Tremendous.

This is a thing you missed:

GIRwX_EXcAAA5Iq?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

That’s not fair. For all of Tony’s flaws, who’s cutting 45-minute promos on his air?

Give it a couple more Punk/Hunter podcast appearances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Hell yeah, man.  I rewound it to hear it again.  If you haven't seen it, imagine how loud you think a chop can be.  Now realize it was louder than that.

Can somebody make a gif of that, especially since it was covered up by the commercials domestically (unless you got FITE)?

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

This is a thing you missed:

GIRwX_EXcAAA5Iq?format=jpg&name=small

Turns out I have the last year of every AEW show recorded on my Hulu account. So I just watched this. Great time. Thanks. Sonjay pouncing Buddy Matthews off the stage was probably the last thing I expected out of this match.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

So who is The Gambler and my personal favorite Frankie Lancaster?

Butcher is maybe the closest to The Gambler. I don’t remember Frankie Lancaster.

• Like 1

I’m going to be Pennsylvania archaeology networking (read: drinking beers at hotel bar) during Collision and possibly even BotB. Probably won’t be able to catch up until Monday.

• Like 1

Just now, JLowe said:

Butcher is maybe the closest to The Gambler. I don’t remember Frankie Lancaster.

Lancaster was around a LONG time in the business. Not Chick Donovan lifer long, but a good amount of time. He was Frank/Frankie Lane in the territory days (mainly Florida, but stints in Memphis, World Class, Mid Atlantic, Georgia, Mid South and UWF, Puerto Rico, and Continental). He also got to tag with Curt Hennig in All Japan. He did various stints with WCW. However, he did a bunch of enhancement matches on Saturday Night and Worldwide and other syndicated shows. 

Lancaster is one those guys who was the definition of a vanilla wrestler down to the name. Good hand though.

Frankie Lancaster? He was a TV jobber who somehow wound up in a tag team with nepo baby Erik Watts. They broke up after losing a Worldwide match, when Lancaster was getting pinned, put his foot on the ropes, and then Watts ran along the apron for some reason and accidentally kicked his foot off the ropes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Lancaster was around a LONG time in the business. Not Chick Donovan lifer long, but a good amount of time. He was Frank/Frankie Lane in the territory days (mainly Florida, but stints in Memphis, World Class, Mid Atlantic, Georgia, Mid South and UWF, Puerto Rico, and Continental). He also got to tag with Curt Hennig in All Japan. He did various stints with WCW. However, he did a bunch of enhancement matches on Saturday Night and Worldwide and other syndicated shows. 

Lancaster is one those guys who was the definition of a vanilla wrestler down to the name. Good hand though.

Ok, so good hand, vanilla wrestler. His Rampage comp would be maybe Kyle O’Reilly? Except he’s not a jobber. How about Alex Reynolds?

Edited by JLowe

3 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Ok, so good hand, vanilla wrestler. His Rampage comp would be maybe Kyle O’Reilly? Except he’s not a jobber. How about Alex Reynolds?

Matt Sydal.

• Like 2