DVDVR Message Board
Message added by Dolfan in NYC,

FYI --

On 2/22/2024 at 1:55 PM, Phil Schneider said:

Folks have asked me how they can help with the show, we are looking for people to sponsor matches! So if you have something you want to promote reach out to Matt at [email protected]. Just let him know what you want to promote!!

I was also thinking that we could have the board as a whole sponsor a match, if folks have some cash to spare we could all pool it and have a match be a "brought to you by the DVDVR board." One of the things I am excited about for this show is that we are bringing in folks who aren't the typical "Mania weekend guys working 10 shows" Demus and Slim J aren't working anywhere else Mania weekend, Thatcher is only working us and Bloodsport, and we have one more wild name like that we are working on, but could use some help with the plane tickets and hotel room. 

If you want to contribute to the group sponsorship, you can PayPal Matt at [email protected] or use Venmo or Cashapp, just put DVDVR Board DEAN~! sponsorship in the tag line. If we could raise a couple hundred bucks it would make it a lot easier to pull the trigger on this name we are working on 🙂

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

Meltzer:

- Voices of Wrestling had a poll where the Action Dean show was listed as the best show of Mania weekend in Philadelphia. Night two of Mania tied with ROH Supercard of Honor for third place. The top five bouts were voted as Demus vs. Mad Dog Connelly dog collar at Action Wrestling Dean, Mark Briscoe vs. Eddie Kingston, Kyle Fletcher vs. Lee Johnson was third, Daniel Makabe vs. Timothy Thatcher at Action Wrestling Dean was fourth and Adam Priest vs. Slim J from Action Wrestling Dean was fifth. The highest WWE bouts with Gunther vs. Zayn at No. 7 and Rhodes vs. Reigns at No. 10.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Meltzer:

- Voices of Wrestling had a poll where the Action Dean show was listed as the best show of Mania weekend in Philadelphia. Night two of Mania tied with ROH Supercard of Honor for third place. The top five bouts were voted as Demus vs. Mad Dog Connelly dog collar at Action Wrestling Dean, Mark Briscoe vs. Eddie Kingston, Kyle Fletcher vs. Lee Johnson was third, Daniel Makabe vs. Timothy Thatcher at Action Wrestling Dean was fourth and Adam Priest vs. Slim J from Action Wrestling Dean was fifth. The highest WWE bouts with Gunther vs. Zayn at No. 7 and Rhodes vs. Reigns at No. 10.

Where was that printed?

(never mind, found it!)

Edited by Jacey
  • Like 1

I think I'm more partial to Makabe/Thatcher than the Dog Collar Match personally, but that's more stylistic preference than a comment on match quality. That was a top two matches for the ages, on top of a great card all the way down. 

Been a long time since I bought wrestling on physical media but hell yes.

• Like 4

I mentioned this in the big indie thread but for those who don't check there as often, if you enjoyed Makabe vs Thatcher check out the latest Prestige show on the same streaming service for Makabe vs Sabre Jr. it's pretty fucking great too.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I mentioned this in the big indie thread but for those who don't check there as often, if you enjoyed Makabe vs Thatcher check out the latest Prestige show on the same streaming service for Makabe vs Sabre Jr. it's pretty fucking great too.

Indeed it was. 

• Thanks 1

Dude, you win Gold Prize for making your way up, not even being stateside. That's awesome. And also, I think your comments about Cerebro/Loco being somehow off and Makowski/Arez needing more time are on the mark. Both were still killer of course. And those photos are so good that I'm sure the participants are gonna want to see them, and maybe even end up in the DVD.

I still haven't went back and watched the pre-Cerebro matches. At this point I'll just wait for the DVD/VHS/whatever. 

• Like 4

Our friend Dylan Hales tweeted the cover art:

Dylan Hales (@DylanWaco)

Edited by AxB
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Our friend Dylan Hales tweeted the cover art:

Dylan Hales (@DylanWaco)

That cover photo goes sooooooooooo fucking hard.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Eventually I'll do a "tell all" post with input from Phil & Eric about what went into this and other things

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

If anyone is so inclined, tomorrow night on IWTV we have a show at 730pm EST called ACTION Forever.  It's our 6th Anniversary show and I'm pretty happy with the line up we have

• Like 3

Got mine today (being in Philly meant quick delivery). Love the packaging. Looking forward to reliving it, seeing myself mark out, and hopefully convincing my wife to check out some of the Action.

• Like 1

Just got paid and one of the first things I did was order it.  Can't wait to get this and man that cover is incredible.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1