DVDVR Message Board

2024 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I feel about sports the same way I do about wrestling - if someone is actively unhappy and openly disgruntled, just let them go (as reasonably as possible). It hurts the chemistry and lockerroom to hold people hostage, this isn't overly shocking to anyone that follows the Bills closely. The only surprising aspect is some thought he couldn't be traded due to the cap reasons, not because they didn't want to do it. But it was a sign when Diggs wasn't restructured for cap relief this year, we knew either he was being traded or he was gone next offseason.

• Like 1

The full trade is

Texans get Diggs, 2024 6th rounder and a 2025 5th round pick

Bills get 2025 2nd rounder (that technically belongs to Minnesota)

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

With the trade - the Bills assume a $31 million dead cap hit

Yea that's the shitty part and why some thought they wouldn't do it. They'll be fine since the cap hit was only minus ~4 mil net but its not ideal when already cap strapped.

Since the New Stadium Shakedown is the real business of pro-sports, the Chiefs (and Royals) teamed up to try and shake down the county for new stadiums at the same time, but the people have just voted 58/42 YES on overturning the laundering funding bill.

Gonna be a real hoot when the Chiefs -- Winners of 3 of the last 5 Super Bowls, btw -- start claiming they "need a new stadium" to be competitive.

Or that they need to explore other locations due to alleged

On 3/8/2024 at 7:28 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

A Missouri hospital is reporting that they've had to do multiple amputations for fans who attended the Miami-KC playoff game.  

lack of fan support

• Haha 1

The interesting part as always is to find out if Diggs skills are declined or if he was just checked out. From November onward he only had two TDs and never had over 90 yards in a single game. That covers 11 games, including playoffs. He wasn't getting the separation he used to and things were just "off." I have no ill will towards him, I hope he plays well in Houston, I just don't know if he had a drop off in skill which can happen or was letting his emotions impact his play.

13 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

The interesting part as always is to find out if Diggs skills are declined or if he was just checked out. From November onward he only had two TDs and never had over 90 yards in a single game. That covers 11 games, including playoffs. He wasn't getting the separation he used to and things were just "off." I have no ill will towards him, I hope he plays well in Houston, I just don't know if he had a drop off in skill which can happen or was letting his emotions impact his play.

He had a huge drop in the KC playoff loss, too.  The Bills are probably taking a step back this season, but more touches for the TE's, especially Kincaid isn't a bad thing. It is what it is. . . .

1 hour ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Since the New Stadium Shakedown is the real business of pro-sports, the Chiefs (and Royals) teamed up to try and shake down the county for new stadiums at the same time, but the people have just voted 58/42 YES on overturning the laundering funding bill.

Gonna be a real hoot when the Chiefs -- Winners of 3 of the last 5 Super Bowls, btw -- start claiming they "need a new stadium" to be competitive.

Or that they need to explore other locations due to alleged

lack of fan support

Hard to support the team, or anything really, when you're missing a hand.... 😞

2 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT~!!!

for a 2025 2nd rounder from Minnesota.

WOW.

I don’t know what this feeling is.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

but the people have just voted 58/42 YES on overturning the laundering funding bill.

the vote went 58/42 no.. some of the confusion might involve how they had to word it on the ballot since they wanted to repeal a tax through 2031 and replace it with a longer tax, and it had to be worded a certain way to do that

but yeah, the Royals were changing plans during the campaign, the Chiefs didn't mention what they'd do until 6 days pre-election

it was not well planned

and this was the election day they wanted instead of August (state primary day) or November (the Presidential election)

• Like 1

also the mayor of Dallas has floated the idea of bringing another team to the area after the Chiefs news, a plan which only requires the Dallas Cowboys to give up turf in their backyard, which means it's not happening

• Haha 2

Speaking of Diggs - the Texans have wiped out the last 3 year's of his contract thus making a FA at season's end

He was guaranteed $3.5 million next season which they moved to this season

So that partially explains why the trade compensation was what it was

On 4/3/2024 at 11:45 AM, BobbyWhioux said:

Won 3 of the last 5 Super Bowls, but at the absolute bottom of the league in almost every category in that Players Poll that came out after the season.  The players are good, but they clearly hate the ownership, the facilities, and all the other shit other than the winning.  I don't think the players care that they're trying to scam the city, I also don't think it will help anyone's opinion of them.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of Diggs - the Texans have wiped out the last 3 year's of his contract thus making a FA at season's end

He was guaranteed $3.5 million next season which they moved to this season

So that partially explains why the trade compensation was what it was

Contract year Diggs? Sure! Give that big contract extension to Nico instead

On 3/28/2024 at 8:50 AM, RIPPA said:

The other schedule thing announced is that the Eagles game in Brazil will be on the Friday of Week 1 and will air exclusively on Peacock so plenty of time to recycle all the bitching from this previous year's playoff game

The Eagles opponent has been revealed to be the Packers

Josh Allen (not that one, the other one) is the beneficiary of Slim J's release. 

He's been extended 5/150, 88 guaranteed.

On 4/3/2024 at 11:49 AM, Kevin Wilson said:

Also, during their losing streak they were forcing him the ball. All those plays where he wasn’t getting the ball were because he was never open. They started winning again when they started running the ball and running playaction. I think the Bills are in trouble but not because they got rid of Diggs.

ESPN has a big article on the how/why Belichick didn't get hired this past offseason

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39955777/how-patriots-legend-bill-belichick-end-nfl-job

Supposedly - Belichick is only interested in coaching the Cowboys, Eagles and Giants so I have to live with that hell all season

In the coming weeks, Belichick is expected to sign a deal to do analysis for Peyton Manning's Omaha Productions, which produces ESPN's "ManningCast" during Monday Night Football. He is believed to be biding his time until next January for openings on teams he has told confidants he would be interested in coaching: the Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles and New York Giants. A source who spoke with a longtime friend of Belichick said the friend wonders if the coach will have another opportunity: "I don't think Bill Belichick will ever be a head coach again in the National Football League," the friend said. "Unless it's [for] Jerry Jones."

Miami picked up the options for Jaylen Waddle and Jaelen Phillips for next season.  

Waddle's may convert to a regular contract extension soon, per reports. 

Also, to quash that little rumor, the Dolphins have no plans to take a QB in the first round.  Negotiations with Tua are ongoing.

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Miami picked up the options for Jaylen Waddle and Jaelen Phillips for next season.  

Waddle's may convert to a regular contract extension soon, per reports. 

Also, to quash that little rumor, the Dolphins have no plans to take a QB in the first round.  Negotiations with Tua are ongoing.

Maybe they can also pick up Jaylon Smith or Jaylon Johnson to add another spelling to the team? They've already got Jalen Ramsey.

• Like 1