DVDVR Message Board

2024 TV DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I’m late to the party but I’m really enjoying Mayor of Kingstown (not to be confused with Mare of Easttown, which is also great!) on Paramount +.  For a wrestling tie-in, Erik Rowan is in a few episodes 😂

• Like 1

Here's a sentence I never thought I'd type...

The writers of Sesame Street have voted unanimously to go on strike.  Picketing could begin as soon as tomorrow.

I’ve been binging the Blacklist on Netflix, up to S9 already. Boy, they really drag out the Liz/Red story as far as they can, over the shark, and then a little bit further huh? This S8 finale is just a huge info dump, likely because it’s Megan Boone’s last episode I believe.

Still fun stuff though, and a real treat to see James Spader just hamming it up and being fucking awesome every episode.

Sidenote, but the Tom story was ended too soon, and Liz/Ressler doesn’t feel earned at all the few times it does happen. Samara being shuttered away a few seasons ago SUCKED, too. Aram is just so whiny now, and that’s horrible because he was one of my favorite characters.

Channel surfing a few days ago to find Comedy Central Extra was showing Daria and Lucky Strike (S5, Ep6) was on, one of the best ever episodes. Next week, it starts all over again with season one. I only watched Daria a decade or more after it first began on MTV thanks to the Viva channel which has since closed. The Viva channel never showed the films but I found them online. Comedy Central Extra do air the films, the second to last is on as I post this. Daria is one of my favourite shows.

Edited by The Natural

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

DEAN would be all over that post. And the second part of this sentence... well you can make that up for yourself 😄 I think you get my drift

Dude the second I saw that post I thought of DEAN right away!

No man feinded for Markie Post quite like DEAN~!

JAMES

• Like 2