DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DECEMBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, JLowe said:

Earlier today my iPad was telling me that I had been banned and I was wondering what I did given that I haven’t posted any particularly spicy takes or attacked anyone. Turns out it was an iPad issue but all the same, with Santa doing last minute prep, I’ll be extra nice. Plus I likely won’t be able to watch this week’s shows until I’m home next week.

Yeah, can't see you very close to any sort of banning situation over here, so that must have been a weird moment for you! Good to know it was just a technical issue.

7 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Yeah, can't see you very close to any sort of banning situation over here, so that must have been a weird moment for you! Good to know it was just a technical issue.

I got an official warning once, by Dean back in the early 2000s, for directly insulting someone on the Music folder. I felt so bad. I’ve changed a lot in general since then but I also know to separate the bad opinions from the person (unless their bad opinion is fash/discriminatory)

• Like 4

On 12/20/2023 at 1:45 PM, Curt McGirt said:

I just like writing it like that after going back and hearing Joey Styles always adding the "The". And watching those old promos is actually really funny. I love it when the utter redneckness of Johnny's voice comes creeping through when he gets serious. 

when TPE was in WCW, i remember there was some issue with putting them on a themes cd due to the Chuck D/Flavor Flav group. and the "The" was the compromise made. don't know if any of that was true, but i retroactively apply that to their ECW run as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Just remember to give a wide berth to anyone who brings their pet to work. 

I’m goin hard in the paint. Bill Watts jr. No pets or family backstage, no top rope moves, no masks unless you have horns, no managers with gloves on, National anthem before every match, harden the ring where everywhere feels like the apron, no more glasses backstage, and no more long hair on boys. I’ll be the best Director of Food and Beverage they’ve ever had. 

@Kang, will you be my Deputy of Soft Serve Ice Cream? I don’t have many I trust with this responsibility.  

Edited by Octopus
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Octopus said:

I’m goin hard in the paint. Bill Watts jr. No pets or family backstage, no top rope moves, no masks unless you have horns, no managers with gloves on, National anthem before every match, harden the ring where everywhere feels like the apron, no more glasses backstage, and no more long hair on boys. I’ll be the best Director of Food and Beverage they’ve ever had. 

@Kang, will you be my Deputy of Soft Serve Ice Cream? I don’t have many I trust with this responsibility.  

How many people per car? Must they be cars from American companies, or are Toyotas made at an American plant okay?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Sparkleface said:

How many people per car? Must they be cars from American companies, or are Toyotas made at an American plant okay?

American made unless you have a hand written note from your doctor.

15 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

"I WANT AN EQUAL AMOUNT OF PINFALLS IN EVERY MATCH. AN EQUAL AMOUNT."

As long as you’re holding the tag rope, you can pin legally. 

6 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Great reference, now poor Octopus will be afraid of starting their car. 

@Kang, you’ve been promoted to my Deputy Chief of Soft Serve Ice Cream and Car Starting. Congrats, you start today. 

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Well, if the tentacle can reach juuuuuuust long enough and retract in time...

My tentacles are as fast as those Dragon Gate sprinters. Too bad I outlawed running. 

• Haha 5