DVDVR Message Board

2023-24 NBA SEASON: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Last three games he's scored 117, grabbed 34 boards, and dished out 38 assists.

Tonight he had 29-10-10 at halftime! The first ever first half 25 point triple double.

The big questions around him are will he get enough support for his teammates and will he run out of gas.

I can tell you now, the support is there, but the bigger question is health. Kyrie, THJ, Lively and even Derrick Jones have been VERY good. Holmes and Williams have had moments. Unfortunately there have been regular injuries to Kleber, Tim and Josh Green(who has been pretty bad tbh).

Luka is playing at god level, so if the rest of these guys can avoid taking a shit on the court, things will be good. The only other thing I worry about is how bad they look when Luka is out.

Celtics will be tired of the Cavaliers after the 2nd part of their back to back in two days.

I know I am already tired of them.

(Little known fact: A game between the Celtics and the Cavaliers is the subject of one of the greatest books about basketball of all time: Fourty Eight Minutes (By Bob Ryan). Even if the title is wrong ;))

Well, first half of it is down, and hey, still undefeated at home!  Only team in the league still rocking that. 

Nice to see those HOUSTON ROCKETS finally shed the "Choad Warrior" label by actually winning a game on the road.  Something something Charles Barkley young teams, something something.

Is Draymond mentally ill? It's like the more his game declines, the more psychotic he gets.

The league is partially to blame for all this, because they've given him an insane amount forgiveness over his career, and it's like he's just trying to see what he can get away with now.

Also I told y'all that Headband Luka was real.

Draymond is the lamest dude. His excuse after the press conference — “You know me, I don’t apologize if I did something intentionally, I’m sorry” — is such a wormy way to try and prevent getting 10 games for this. Dude has had no accountability and owes his whole bag to playing with Steph and Klay. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Yeah, the belief is that it's just Uncle Ted trying to get a better deal from DC because there's a good chance that the Dems in the VA General Assembly won't pass anything involving subsidizing a stadium.

Yeah - the official announcement is that it is a "non-binding" agreement so clearly DC (which is now is a full blown panic) will keep them in the long run

58 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Draymond is the lamest dude. His excuse after the press conference — “You know me, I don’t apologize if I did something intentionally, I’m sorry” — is such a wormy way to try and prevent getting 10 games for this. Dude has had no accountability and owes his whole bag to playing with Steph and Klay. 

For those who missed it (spoilered for violence):

Spoiler

jbl-john-bradshaw-layfield.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Every time Draymond does something I'm reminded of Bart and Lisa Simpson fighting. Bart says he's going to just do windmill punches with his eyes closed and if she's in the way it's her fault. So Lisa closes her eyes and just starts kicking out, and if Bart walks into it, it's his fault.

vTw5i-.gif

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Zimbra said:

The Wizards and Caps are announcing tomorrow that they're moving out of DC and into northern Virginia.

Leonsis says he will still own the Capital One arena and it will continue to host concerts.  Also "wants to see the Mystics play there".  

It should be noted that the Mystics have their own *BRAND NEW* arena in Congress Heights, right now. 

EDIT -- Also, isn't  this where the Crystal City mall is right now?

11 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

EDIT -- Also, isn't  this where the Crystal City mall is right now?

No (and I know why you are asking) it is a little further down the same road

But yes - if this plan goes through - traffic will be even more of a shit show

And for context for folks - the location of this arena is basically the same concept at Met Life stadium. Where it technically is in a different state but it is right on the other side of the river and stares into the city the team is named for

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

But yes - if this plan goes through - traffic will be even more of a shit show

And of course what everyone seems to not have noticed is that Metro is threatening "doomsday" service cuts if they don't get more money.  So that would probably reduce the amount of people able to take public transportation to the arena. 

In other arena news - Oklahoma City voters approved a 1% sales tax that will fund a new arena for the Thunder (sales tax will be in place for 6 years but won't start until 2028)

Arena will cost at least $900 million

As part of the deal - the Thunder agree to stay through at least 2050

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

In other arena news - Oklahoma City voters approved a 1% sales tax that will fund a new arena for the Thunder (sales tax will be in place for 6 years but won't start until 2028)

Arena will cost at least $900 million

As part of the deal - the Thunder agree to stay through at least 2050

• Like 2