DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 10/10 - 10/17/2023 - Tuesday Night Wars

The Natural

I could see the arguments one way or another about if Christian needs the TNT title for his impending programs. But unless you’re booking the TNT title like it’s a Memphis belt then.

But I’m guessing that it wouldn’t be Title Tuesday without one title change and guess what that probably means for Rey Fenix.

• Like 1

I also think Swerve should win. I love Danielson and would love to see what he and Christian could do together, but we can still get that at some point. I just think there's something there story-wise with Nick Wayne being with Christian now and probably still being pissed at Swerve. Hell, it may make Swerve the defacto face and help turn him without having to do it in a big moment.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

I could see the arguments one way or another about if Christian needs the TNT title for his impending programs. But unless you’re booking the TNT title like it’s a Memphis belt then.

But I’m guessing that it wouldn’t be Title Tuesday without one title change and guess what that probably means for Rey Fenix.

I mean, it's basically course correction if Moxley called an audible for the title change originally. 

• Like 2

One place I didn’t go 2 1/2 hours ago that could have had some wrestlers hanging out undercover is the mall (which we never call a mall, it’s “the Center”) which is north of the arena but across an interstate highway.

I figure if Luchasaurus is in the near empty Independence Center/mall, I better leave that guy alone.

Also I’m wearing shorts and I didn’t wanna get out of the car.

Brief geography note. Tonight’s arena is on the southeast corner of the I-70/470 interchange. The two ways to get there involve turning off of 40 Highway (to the south) or Little Blue Parkway (to the east). So they neatly tucked the arena into the space they had there. Walmart is on the northwest corner, dead mall/AMC 20/hospital northeast corner, arena southeast corner, and Bass Pro southwest corner. You gotta be on the ball if you turn off of southbound 470 onto 40 since it’s not far from the off-ramps for I-70.

3 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I mean, it's basically course correction if Moxley called an audible for the title change originally. 

That's where I always figured we were heading tbh - and on that note, I gotta give kudos for two things surrounding the INT title situation:

1) the fact that they gave Fenix a couple successful defenses in the interim (sure, with Mox concussed, it's not like they could've immediately switched it back without him being cleared anyway - but a lesser promotion might've sat him at home til Mox was good to go)

2) the great OC/Hook promo the other week where OC lamented that Mox got his rematch right away even though he held the title for less time - I really like that they used the audible situation to enhance some other characters and give them motivations.

Side note: if OC somehow isn't Mox's next challenger (should Mox go over tonight) then I wonder if we're heading to a Hook/OC vs Bill/Starks tag title program?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

I drove around the general area of the Cable Dahmer Arena getting/retrieving lunch today. Here’s my report

1) I didn’t see anybody who looked like a pro wrestler. But it’s possible some of them were in cars.

2) there weren’t a lot of people at Popeyes (which is a little bit SE of the CDA). I got two pieces spicy combo for $10.

3) Ozzy was on the radio as I drove past the arena but this didn’t summon Chris Jericho to rush my car

4) Hooters did not look busy at 11:35am

5) The classic rock station mentioned both the card tonight and the WWE House Show on Saturday night. They’re offering tickets to the WWE show.

Nice mid 60s temps. Should get a little higher. We’re actually experiencing autumn around here after a late start.

Now time to eat some chicken

I would ask what you got for your sides then I remembered Popeyes got rid of the jambalaya so your only options are lackluster mac n cheese, soggy Cajun fries, lumpy red beans and rice, and my permanent default on any occasion the mashed potatoes and gravy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I would ask what you got for your sides then I remembered Popeyes got rid of the jambalaya so your only options are lackluster mac n cheese, soggy Cajun fries, lumpy red beans and rice, and my permanent default on any occasion the mashed potatoes and gravy.

I gotta second that - that Cajun gravy fucks. The little bits of andouille totally make the whole thing.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

They didn’t have any Cajun rice. So I ended up with mediocre fries. The place was a near ghost town and the chicken was small. So they might be in some financial trouble at that location. The California Taco place next door had way more people there.

edit: the first stuff I ate from Popeyes was the Jambalaya because I was at a Debate tournament and figured that jambalaya was a better food for wearing a suit than chicken

Church’s is the closest chicken to my house and my location is a dodgy small building where I started enjoying Church's chicken more when I listened to a HS classmate who said to order it spicy.

Edited by Cobra Commander

4 hours ago, (BP) said:

The booking for this show will make more sense if Page and Swerve are both added to the world title match at Full Gear. I don’t really believe that’s where this is going, but it’s the only way I can justify it in my head right now. 

They should’ve teased out the tension with Cope and Christian for a while since everyone’s so down on the Luchasaurus match. It makes perfect sense with where they’re going with it, but they probably should’ve just hot shotted him into a match with Omega or something. TK’s recurring weakness with his big signings is thinking he’ll have all the time in the world with these major acts to get to the marquee matches, and then shit goes sideways and the opportunities are lost. 

The Luchasaurus match is a tune-up. The sell is Copeland's debut not him going toe to toe for 10 plus. That said, I'm generally speaking with you on that last line. And it's not exclusive to big new fresh signings

Jay White v MJF in a proper World Title singles Main Event or a goddamn 4 way. What is that some kind of sick joke!?!

41 minutes ago, Log said:

I also think Swerve should win. I love Danielson and would love to see what he and Christian could do together, but we can still get that at some point. I just think there's something there story-wise with Nick Wayne being with Christian now and probably still being pissed at Swerve. Hell, it may make Swerve the defacto face and help turn him without having to do it in a big moment.

That's interesting, I didn't even consider Nick Wayne's history with Strickland. But still, a potentially awesome Danielson v Christian match or a Heel Heel bout? AEW seems to have (thankfully) exhausted all their tries at weird heat with Cody and Guevarra. I'd like Weird Heat to stay in the moratorium with Ms. Rhodes' creative file. Turning Swerve, after such a relatively short tho awesome run, would be a travesty - like AR Fox being kicked out the gang. Also, where does a babyface turn leave the wonderful Prince Nana? 

I think Swerve going face can work if they do the Stone Cold thing where the character doesn't really change all that much, he just starts doing it against bad guys. Nana's awesome dancing is about to turn his ass face anyway!

• Like 4

The last time I went to a Church's (more of a staple in my hometown in Mississippi) was not too long after I first moved to Northwest Arkansas. There were very few people there. Actually, the flies far outnumbered the human there. The same goes for the Captain D's except they didn't have the fly issue. Both have been no longer been business in NWA since 2018. We also lost Rally's/Checker's and Hardee's/Carl's Jr.. However, in that time, we gained Smashburger, Five Guys, Wingstop, Whataburger, Culver's (opened up just after the pandemic), Ruth Chris (we're about to get a two story one soon), Wienerschnitzel, Nathan's (although that seems to be a ghost kitchen somehow), and could have a Jack in the Box soon.

1 hour ago, hobo joe said:

Swerve should beat Dragon. Strap a rocket to that motherfucker. Someone needs to beat MJF while we’re waiting for Cole to heal up.

But the TNT title is beneath both those dudes.

As Bryan Danielsons 2ND best fan.  Even I still agree with this.

And I’m not at all bitter about it.  

Anyone got that TheNatural bat signal meme?  

• Like 1

Turning Swerve now would be a mistake. MJF's a face and he's gonna lose heat weekly while they drag this bromance angle out another six months waiting for Adam Cole's shattered ankle to rematerialize. Have Swerve beat Max and drop it to Darby if he makes it down from Everest.

I don't think he needs the TNT title in the meantime, mostly because he'll have to drop it before going after the big one and dude should not be jobbing 'til he gets to Max. Though, I suppose he could unify the belts and finally put the TNT title out of it's misery. 

1 minute ago, Sparkleface said:

I can't think of any fast food establishment I'd trust to serve me fried okra. We're just asking for a disaster.

Odds-wise, there’s probably a lot more risk from chicken that isn’t cooked right than from okra that isn’t cooked right

I'm guessing we get a massive schmoz with run ins and you end up with a ten man tag of Page/Danielson/Copeland/Yuta/Claudio against Swerve/Christian/Luchasaurus/Wayne/Brian Cage. 

Edge/Christian brawl to the back, Wayne and Luchasaurus follow them, Sting turns up to get revenge for Darby. Swerve and Cage against the BCC with Hangman feeling conflicted about wanting to team with them after the past year..

• Like 1