DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK FIVE

Dolfan in NYC

Ravens vs Steelers has been the typical game where Steelers offense has been completely nothing but the Ravens can't do enough to pull away.    Feels like this game should have been over already

Watching the Pats turn into a contender for a top 3 pick is a beautiful sight to see.  

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

HOLY SHIT A TD.  A passing TD even.  I didn't know Matt Canada knew that was possible 

Ravens should be disgusted with themselves 

No kidding. Embarrassing for Baltimore. 

• Sad 1

I think Jones is going to be out for the year. He had a bad neck injury two years ago that kept him out like 7 games. He got whip lashed pretty bad on the sack that took him out. I can see it being season ending. Why would you put him back behind that line anyways? Just the worst possible start to the season for The Giants. If my math is right just between Monday & today Jones got sacked  19 times. That doesn't even count all the hits he took scrambling for his life. It's mind boggling how the offense line is literally league worst EVER SINGLE YEAR.

would it shock you to hear that the national media whinefest after last Sunday night has been followed by refs calling every penalty they can imagine against the Chiefs today? (don't worry, i'm sure something will get missed late)

edit: also there is a slight difference between how Cousins rates among QBs compared to Jefferson among WRs, so every time Cousins doesn't target Jefferson has been a win for the Chiefs defense

Edited by Cobra Commander

The Chiefs are in 3rd gear like they always are this time of year. Because nobody can steal a game or 2 from them, they’ll be there playoff time and if they’re motivated it won’t even be fair. 

Mac Jones sucks, seriously. I don’t know why people continue to not straight deny it but dance and prance around it. That’s all I got to watch today so Idk what else is going on. I’ll definitely watch the 49ers later. I’m a huge fan of many guys on that team even though I’m not a 49er.

Kelce scored a touchdown. 

Tony Romo's analysis: look at Mahomes! He moves the safety with his eyes. You can't play zone against great quarterbacks! 

Replay shown: Mahomes stares down Kelce entire play, never looks away at all. 

Side note: analysts crack me up. According to color guys, you can't play zone against quarterbacks. Or man. Or blitz. Or just play coverage. 

Why doesn't the NFL adopt the sensible CFL rule on punts where the receiver gets a 5 yard halo?

Edited by sabremike
Typo

7 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Kelce scored a touchdown. 

Tony Romo's analysis: look at Mahomes! He moves the safety with his eyes. You can't play zone against great quarterbacks! 

Replay shown: Mahomes stares down Kelce entire play, never looks away at all. 

Side note: analysts crack me up. According to color guys, you can't play zone against quarterbacks. Or man. Or blitz. Or just play coverage. 

Yeah, there is a huge problem with what is said on television and what is actually true.  Do you know what the best coverage is?  A different one than what the quarterback expects.  Mahomes stares down Kelce a lot, because they often improv when they see what the coverage is and Kelce just runs and finds a hole in the coverage.  That is why you can't just play it one way against great quarterbacks, it's not that any specific coverage doesn't work.  I've been looking at what has made the Browns' defense so good this season, and it's that they can and do play every possible coverage and seemingly just make up new variations on all of them every game.  Their secondary is good enough that they can do literally everything they want to do and be successful (there also needs to be something written about how they did everything right and Lamar Jackson beat them anyway). They're off today, but they have played perfect coverage on over 50% of plays this season.  

• Like 2