DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK FOUR

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

What's worse for the Broncos, giving up 70 to the Dolphins, or Fields going 12 for 12 to start the game?

I would say the latter.  We knew Miami could be explosive on offense, but Fields has looked like absolute shit to start this season.

1 minute ago, BloodyChamp said:

Kirk is getting treated unfairly also imo, but he’s a Gozillionaire and is pretty good at tuning the rest out without looking to Jay Cutlerish about it. I did see the INT just now though. Something weird is wrong with the Vikings. A team that talented in year 2, coming off of an overachieving year 1 has never came out this flat. 

The Vikings were legitimately one of the luckiest teams of all time last year.  They won 13 games while not really being good at anything other than having Justin Jefferson on their team.  They probably aren't as bad as they are playing so far this year, but they weren't going to keep getting away with the nonsense they got away with last season.  

2 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

What's worse for the Broncos, giving up 70 to the Dolphins, or Fields going 12 for 12 to start the game?

Denver was legitimately good on defense last year, and they are looking not just bad this year, but historically awful.

O I know the Vikings were lucky aka overachieve. Those teams usually come back fresh and improve, and if they don’t it’s because a weakness is exploited. They look like they looked in 2010, talented but just somewhere else mentally and emotionally. They were fed up with their coach that year. I don’t know if anything going on like that with their new coach so I just don’t get it. 

1 minute ago, Contentious C said:

Whole state of Ohio out here, Browning and Bengaling like the old days.

The Browns offense is going to be a problem, especially when they're starting a 5th round rookie.  The Browns defense has actually played well, but punk ass Lamar Jackson keeps doing Lamar Jackson things.  I've seen him throw 3 balls that didn't make any sense, but somehow landed perfectly in his receiver's hands.  That touchdown was triple covered, but the only person who could get a hand on it was Mark Andrews.

19 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Justin Fields just did a James Harden style stepback to evade a defender before throwing a TD. It's like we're in love all over again.

Yeah. The Broncos defense is clearly awful but Fields is also making legit plays in the passing game. It's bizarre.

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

You know what is a dumb rule?  The no face guarding rule.  We're asking a whole lot for someone to have to cover a guy who can run 20+ miles per hour, and then turn around and find a ball that may or may not be coming to knock it down.  If the quarterback throws it and hits you in the back of the head, you somehow did a bad job.

There's no rule against face guarding in the NFL. You're allowed to face guard without contact with the receiver. 

Sometimes an organization needs to make a difficult decision that is very painful in the short term but incredibly wise long term. Shutting down Joe Burrow and conceding this season is a perfect example of such a thing.

• Like 1