DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUGUST 2023

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

Cash Wheeler has been arrested for assault with a firearm.

Just now, porksweats said:

Well I'll be damned, I always considered Cash to be the Tully of the FTR Brainbuster comparison but here he is channeling Arn.

Fuck.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Not available in my region. Bugger when that happens.

There isn't really any info in the story, just that he got arrested and a boilerplate statement from AEW that they're aware and that Cash is cooperating with authorities.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

So I guess the big question is when AEW was informed. Because if this happened late July... they certainly ended Dynamite with the Bucks and FTR in the ring together.

This happened like, yesterday….

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

There isn't really any info in the story, just that he got arrested and a boilerplate statement from AEW that they're aware and that Cash is cooperating with authorities.

That's what interested me. If it was anything, what's the phrasing I want? 'Particularly unsavory,' I think (or would like to think) that AEW's public reaction would have been much stronger. If you think back to stuff like Jake Atlas, Jimmy Havoc, even 'Brawl Out,' they were much more heavy-handed in their language.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Monday Morning said:

I'm not super au fait with the US legal system but could they have arrested him because they weren't aware he was going to be leaving the country? I.e. a literal flight risk

Nah, the warrant was already issued 3 weeks ago, sometimes these just take time especially if the defendant is out of state.  Could also have been a negotiated surrender since he entered his plea earlier in the month.

2 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

He's got no other criminal history so like a 99% chance he pleads out and gets probation.

If even probie - this might be, for Cash a 'best case scenario' kind of thing, depending on whether or not the bail conditions allow for him to travel for work/leave the country

Edit: because correct me if I'm wrong, the UK wouldn't keep him out unless already convicted? I need a magistrate or whatever they call em there.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath