DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 6/7/2023

The Natural

4 minutes ago, Ingobernable said:

I didn't say they had to fight in real life! Just in the imagination of their progeny. 

If Dynamite ever gets cancelled for any reason, I hope the final shot is -1 looking into a snow globe with a tiny Daily's Place in it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

Yeah, look, I'm proud of each and every one of you (well, there are a few obvious exceptions; you know who you are). I also assume you all beat Serpentico at one point or another. You better have.

Love you, Dad

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ingobernable said:

Well sure. I mean this is a good rule in general isn't it? Everyone can wrestle how they want to and how they find to be professionally rewarding and I can separately make up my mind if I like it or not. One doesn't have to preclude the other. 

Oh hooray! Goodear is back. Matt wasn't trying to deny you the right to your lazy Cornette-lite take on Keith Lee. He was quite politely pointing out that your lazy Cornette-lite take on Keith Lee is no longer valid and hasn't been for quite some time. Since getting ill, Lee hasn't been working  a highspot intensive style at all. A fact which is 100% obvious to anyone who has actually been paying attention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

To me it’s like casting an actor in a movie. You need to look the part, not everyone needs to a matinee idol but you do need look right for the part your playing

same with wrestling, I like variety but everyone should be believable in their role

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

Oh hooray! Goodear is back. Matt wasn't trying to deny you the right to your lazy Cornette-lite take on Keith Lee. He was quite politely pointing out that your lazy Cornette-lite take on Keith Lee is no longer valid and hasn't been for quite some time. Since getting ill, Lee hasn't been working  a highspot intensive style at all. A fact which is 100% obvious to anyone who has actually been paying attention.

Shh, we've moved on to fighting children and/or Serpentico. Which do you think you can take?

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, zendragon said:

To me it’s like casting an actor in a movie. You need to look the part, not everyone needs to a matinee idol but you do need look right for the part your playing

same with wrestling, I like variety but everyone should be believable in their role

I think Gedo finally letting the Bucks win the IWGP Tag Titles opened the floodgates for juniors to work in the heavyweight division, but that was more because he wanted to sell tickets for the first Long Beach show and have them walking in as champions

NJPW traditionally do not let their juniors and heavyweights comingle, but the lines are definitely blurred now - and that can be credited to the NJPW/ROH working relationship when all the ROH main eventers were smaller

Edited by Dolphman 3000
  • Like 2

My thoughts: I'm not a mod, or I'd propose the Dean~! rule (or for alliteration, the Rasmussen Rule.)

"No repeatedly yucking others yum". It's ok to say "The Bucks don't do anything for me, or "I don't find Adam Cole believable" in a thread, but there's no need for you to insert that opinion in every single thread (especially where we have multiple threads, like we do for AEW shows for example)

We are all here to celebrate the GREATEST FUCKING THING IN THE UNIVERSE (TM Dean Rasmussen)but let's realize while HOSS battles may excite some, others, they love the flippy lucha telenovela style. (just to give a couple style examples)

Edit: it was originally going to be "no endlessly shitting on a wrestler", but then I remembered all the times Dean would call out someone's "Eternally shitty punches" or something similar.. but he said it and then moved on.

Edited by SirFozzie
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

It's ok to say "The Bucks don't do anything for me, or "I don't find Adam Cole believable" in a thread, but there's no need for you to insert that opinion in every single thread (especially where we have multiple threads, like we do for AEW shows for example)

Is this actually happening, or are you exaggerating because critical discussion gives you the sads

I don't think anyone's being out of line here