DVDVR Message Board

June 2023 Wrestling Discussion

Losing so much weight that you can't fit into the Akeem outfit anymore is a fitness mark that very few can reach

Although it would be funny if he made up that reason because he wanted to work as One Man Gang instead of Akeem on a Wrestlemania in Houston

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Robert S said:

Apros pos Akeem: How many "fat" 80ies and early 90ies wrestlers are still alive? I was recently watching World War 3 95 and was trying to count the number of people who are dead by now (15, I think, by the way) and when One Man Gang entered I automatically wanted to add him to the list until I went, wait, he is still alive, is he. But there are not many of those guys besides George Gray still standing.

Fred Ottman

Just now, Infinit said:

PN News is still alive

YO BABY YO BABY YOOOOO

Weirdly enough, I was going to mention him.

I think with every blade job, Abdullah added a year to his life. 

Seriously, who called Abdullah the Butcher making it to 2023?

Real question though: I watched some JWA era Abdullah the Butcher a few weeks ago. At what point did he go from just slightly overweight to straight up blob who can only move his arm to use the razor blade shards taped to the end of his fingers?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Fred Ottman

If you think about it though, in his younger days in Florida and Memphis especially, he was more muscular big guy than fat guy.

He was never I let myself go fat during the bulk of his wrestling career.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Every year I have to check to see if OMG is still with us. EVERY YEAR.

I remember cause a local,now also retired,vet was OMG's last match a few years ago. I think he has told the story on Youtube. Look for Brian Minotaur Falcon.

• Like 1

I just found out one of the Colossal Kongs passed away. 

THE OTHER ONE IS STILL AROUND SO YEAH!

But yeah, the collective of those guys still around are going to be 50-55 at the oldest.

On 6/1/2023 at 9:54 PM, The Natural said:

Said it before and will again, I'd be fucked without the National Health Service especially with the Cerebral Palsy. My late great Mum with her multiple health conditions as well.

I have CP to!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 赤い竜 said:

PWinsider has a story about Stan Lane and Lauren Boebert, his latest DNA Paternity test proved he isn't Lauren's biological father.

That must have been quite the sigh of relief! The culprit is still out there though, if they are alive.

Edited by Shartnado
Someone is responsible, though
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

The Kentuckians (Grizzly smith and luke brown) 

Now, Grizz gets to wear a special pair of overalls hopefully designed for the circle of Hell he's currently inhabiting. 

It's weird hearing some of these old timers like Cornette and JR talk about the Kentuckians with reverence. Then, for example, you hear Ross on his one of his latest eps of Grilling JR talk about how horrendous Grizzly was as human being when Ross first broke into pro wrestling and his first years in the business to the point Ross tried his best to avoid the Mississippi/Louisiana end of the old McGuirk territory.

Is that one of the biggest cases of "never meet your heroes" in pro wrestling?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Infinit said:

PN News is still alive

YO BABY YO BABY YOOOOO

I saw Cannonball Grizzly live in 2005 and I think he lost some weight by that point, at least I don't remember him looking that fat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Now, Grizz gets to wear a special pair of overalls hopefully designed for the circle of Hell he's currently inhabiting. 

It's weird hearing some of these old timers like Cornette and JR talk about the Kentuckians with reverence. Then, for example, you hear Ross on his one of his latest eps of Grilling JR talk about how horrendous Grizzly was as human being when Ross first broke into pro wrestling and his first years in the business to the point Ross tried his best to avoid the Mississippi/Louisiana end of the old McGuirk territory.

Is that one of the biggest cases of "never meet your heroes" in pro wrestling?

Ironically, some people would prob say JR for that.