DVDVR Message Board

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 - 5/5/2023

There's a bunch of people from Peacemaker in Vol. 3, but one of those is his wife and if history is anything to go off of, he's going to cast his wife in his stuff.

Now, let's get Elizabeth Debicki cast in something in the DCU. If only there were a role for a woman over 6' tall to play...If only......................

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

There's a bunch of people from Peacemaker in Vol. 3, but one of those is his wife and if history is anything to go off of, he's going to cast his wife in his stuff.

Now, let's get Elizabeth Debicki cast in something in the DCU. If only there were a role for a woman over 6' tall to play...If only......................

Giganta? The Superman villain who is orange and a big Mohawk (name escapes me)? 

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

The Superman villain who is orange and a big Mohawk (name escapes me)? 

Are you talking about Mongal?  James Gunn killed her off in the first ten minutes of The Suicide Squad.

I could see her playing Wonder Woman if she put on a little more muscle mass. 

I can also see her playing Killer Frost and being the BBEG some other DCEU hero origin story.

Edited by J.T.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Did you notice that Denerian Saal's GotG line "What a bunch of a-holes..." was taken from the script and pasted into Marvel Studios opening montage for GotG3?

It was actually Peter’s “showtime, A-holes!” line from GotG2.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

It was actually Peter’s “showtime, A-holes!” line from GotG2.

It zoomed by in the montage but everyone saw A-Holes and laughed hysterically.  I will miss Gunn being able to blend mirth and heart seamlessly in the MCU and am looking forward to what he does with DC.   Superman not being an emo douchebag anymore would be a step in the right direction.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Craig H said:

I agree, they should put Big Barda in a movie.

• Like 2

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 - 5/5/2023
On 5/16/2023 at 1:36 PM, TheVileOne said:

As much as I like Nathan Fillion appearing in these things, I'd like him to get a bit more than a glorified cameo. It's too bad. He would've been a great Wonder Man for the TV show.

I had been hoping for him to play Hal Jordan in a DC movie for years but sadly I think a cameo is the best you'll get. He's too busy making dull by the numbers police shows to commit to a movie franchise.

• Sad 1

• Dolfan in NYC unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Super late to the party, but I did finally get to see Guardians Vol 3 with my brother and father. My brother has been so busy with work and taking care of family friends I really didn't expect to catch it in theaters at this point. Luckily he surprised us with his work giving everyone Independence Day off and there still being a showing or two at AMC.

Thought the movie was fantastic overall. Loved Quill's interactions with Nebula & the other timeline Gamora. Loved finally dipping into Rocket's past. That was so damn depressing when it finally came to end. Even though you kind of knew where it was going it still hit so hard and made you feel for Rocket. Thought they got great use out of the cast and did a good job setting them on different paths by the end. I love that no one ended up actually dyimg despite the constant teases of it in the media leading up and even in the film itself. This was an excellent end to Gunn's run. Going to miss a good chunk of the cast though I am curious just what is planned with Quill for him to be returning. Going with miss Gunn in the MCU. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

This movie is on Disney+ now, FYI.

Fuck this movie, man. I cried for like 90% of it. Marvel losing Gunn might be their worst mistake. He should have been the Feige figure for the cosmic part of the MCU, with wider storyline control over that corner of the universe. But they fired him, he went to DC and make good relationships and Marvel had to make things right but it was too late probably. Their loss is absolutely DC’s gain. He’s largely the only reason I’m interested in whatever they do next with the rebooted universe.

Anyway. I’m not surprised Pratt would return. I wouldn’t be surprised if Cooper & Diesel do either with the new team, maybe Pom as well. But the rest had fitting ends for their character arcs, so I wouldn’t want to ruin that.

GIVE ME MORE COSMO!!

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Finally picked up the Blu-ray and watched it a few hours ago. Damn what a good movie. Lots of laughs and lots of crying. I recently got a new cat after not having a pet for 5 years and I think that made a lot of the animal stuff even more impactful. I can't imagine another Guardians movie without Gunn and thought this was a great sendoff. This trilogy is definitely up there with the original Star Wars movies for me. Also kudos to one of the best villains these types of movies have ever had, it made his comeuppance that much better.

• Like 1