DVDVR Message Board

2023 Hollywood Business (Box Office, Streaming Services, etc...)

RIPPA

23 minutes ago, username said:

Man, Venture Brothers was on my list of things to finally watch through (I caught portions of it in the past) now that the movie is out, oh well.

I still recommend checking it out somehow.  It's a really remarkable show.

I'm about to spend $70 on the DVD box set of the complete series like I'm some kind of goddamn caveman from 2004.

• 2 weeks later...

WBD did their quarterly earnings report and here's a shocker... they lost about 1.8 million subscribers from Q1.  

Oh, and someone has found Zas's alt Twitter. 

• Haha 1

On the plus side, my in-laws can stop sponging off my D+/Hulu.

On the other, Disney is really making it hard to keep their services (I might just drop Hulu since I don't really use it and only kept the bundle for the ESPN+)

11 minutes ago, Raziel said:

On the other, Disney is really making it hard to keep their services (I might just drop Hulu since I don't really use it and only kept the bundle for the ESPN+)

I use Hulu's live TV service so I'm probably sticking with it, considering how much gets bundled in compared to other services at similar price points, but I have to admit that asking me to absorb a 10% price hike made me look around some.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Raziel said:

My daughter is aging out of all the Disney Princess movies that made this such a steal in the first place, so I’ve actually considered dropping it.

52 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am keeping Disney

But I need to drop Apple+ and Paramount since I legit never use them

After finishing up Ted Lasso, we dropped Apple. Maybe we'll do a trial once Shrinking and Silo have their season 2 runs. I liked For All Mankind first season then sort of lost interest. Foundation was so boring I tuned out. 

On 8/3/2023 at 8:47 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

WBD did their quarterly earnings report and here's a shocker... they lost about 1.8 million subscribers from Q1.  

Oh, and someone has found Zas's alt Twitter. 

I don't know if it's sadder if that is Zas's alt or if there is a regular person who exists that feels the need to go around defending him.

On 8/10/2023 at 10:41 AM, JLowe said:

After finishing up Ted Lasso, we dropped Apple. Maybe we'll do a trial once Shrinking and Silo have their season 2 runs. I liked For All Mankind first season then sort of lost interest. Foundation was so boring I tuned out. 

Legit the only reason I have it is because my Mom wants to watch Coda

I am on like 2 years now of constantly pestering her to do so 

• Like 1

Barbie has passed The Dark Knight for WB's highest grossing domestic movie ever.  

It is a couple of weeks away from passing The Super Mario Bros. Movie for #1 grossing movie of 2023. 

Not bad for a little doll. 

• Like 1