DVDVR Message Board

2023 Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

RIPPA

Yuna vs Hazuki:  Y'know that Heaven is a place on Earth song?  This is what they was talkin' about.

I wanna see that as yet unnamed Maika trio challenge for the Artist belts.

Cut n paste and machine translated 

Hope tag ① First person Lady C
Hope tag ① second person It's Fukigen★
Hope tag ② First person AZM
Hope tag ② second person Cogma
Hope tag ③ First person Julia
Hope tag ③ second person Uetani Saya

There are a lot of shows on July 17, which is Marine Day in Japan. Ice Ribbon's is at Yokohama Radiant Hall, with two title matches (Totoro Satsuki defending the Infinity title against Ganbare Pro's YuuRI, and Hamuko Hoshi and Makoto defending the International Ribbon Tag Titles against the returning Hikari Minami and Hinata). Arisa Shinose's return match has also been decided, and she's got one heck of a match to come back with, as she'll be teaming with Maya Yukihi (making her first Ice Ribbon appearance since Ribbonmania) against Ibuki Hoshi and Kaho Matsushita. Ibuki and Kaho patched up their differences after their great match on June 18, which was posted to the members only side of Ice Ribbon's YouTube channel.

Speaking of that YouTube channel, Ice Ribbon has been digging into the archives a lot recently, posting the first show in Ice Ribbon's history a few weeks back. Last night they also posted Hinata's original retirement match, Hikari Minami's first title win against Emi Sakura, the first match for Muscle Venus (Tsukasa Fujimoto, Miyako Matsumoto, and Hikaru Shida), and oddly, a Risa Sera match against Hamuko Hoshi along with a trios match featuring Risa. The first two make sense, with Hikari and Hinata coming back. Tsukka has a talk performance at Rifu Ribbon at the end of the month and my theory is that she'll be announcing that she's returning in her hometown. But Risa? Interesting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 赤い竜 said:

I hate these announcements by GCW. I just saw this and wanted to go to the NJ show. I checked and found that there are only standing room tickets left. I'm too old to stand for a show now. This is far from the first time that they announced someone after all of the good seats were sold.

7 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

How in the fuck did Brett Lauderdale do that?

"Here is a sizeable booking fee for you, we'll give you her footage, and she will do no jobs while she's here" is my best guess.

Really it's a reasonable option. Of all the indies, GCW has the best options for footage configurations, and they can bring in people who will take falls for her. Win/win all around.

• Like 2

Is there a full version of Momoe Nakanishi's debut against Nanae on 7/14/96? I just watched the clipped version on JGP '96 VHS that I bought from Toudoukan. They used limited moves, but were way faster and tighter than the usual rookie match.

9 minutes ago, ka-to said:

Is there a full version of Momoe Nakanishi's debut against Nanae on 7/14/96? I just watched the clipped version on JGP '96 VHS that I bought from Toudoukan. They used limited moves, but were way faster and tighter than the usual rookie match.

I don't think a full version ever surfaced, just the clipped one from that comm tape. Our best hope would've been if AJW Classics aired it, but they completely skipped that tournament/set of shows if I remember right.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, matt925 said:

I’m a Wrestling Revolver guy now, but I’ll be seeking this match out for sure. I love Utami, I love Billie. Win/win in my book. And it’s two days before my birthday!

• Like 1