DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 14

Dolfan in NYC

Unrelated:  Does anyone else have even the slightest case for National Coach of the Year besides David Cutliffe at Duke?

Malzahn at Auburn or Pinkel at Missouri, whichever one wins the SEC title. Both had losing records last year. That's all I got right now.

If I recall that year, there were no other teams that could legit say they were better than LSU or Bama though.

Oklahoma St. played a tougher schedule (Big XII was rated as the strongest conference that year) and were 11-1.

1. You're high. The SEC West alone had 3 top 5 teams in it that year.

Check the conference strength. Big XII was tops that year.

SEC East was really putrid that year, wasn't it?

Unrelated:  Does anyone else have even the slightest case for National Coach of the Year besides David Cutliffe at Duke?

I think that Malzahn fellow at Auburn would like to argue.

Still, does it measure up to "first time in school history of going to back to back bowls"?

If I recall that year, there were no other teams that could legit say they were better than LSU or Bama though.

Oklahoma St. played a tougher schedule (Big XII was rated as the strongest conference that year) and were 11-1.

Georgia and South Carolina were okay but that was the year Georgia lost their first two games... first being against Boise St.

Big XII was the stronger conference by any rating system you want to use.

I think that Malzahn fellow at Auburn would like to argue.

Still, does it measure up to "first time in school history of going to back to back bowls"?

Going from 3-9 and 0-8 in the SEC to possibly playing for a National Championship is pretty damn impressive.

Not to say that what Cutcliffe has done isn't great, because it is. . .but if it comes down to Cutcliffe and Malzahn, I think we can safely assume it's going to the ESSSSS EEEEEE SEEEEE, PAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWL.

Georgia and South Carolina were okay but that was the year Georgia lost their first two games... first being against Boise St.

Yeah, South Carolina was "okay." They finished #9.

Georgia was Top 10 team heading into the SEC championship game before finishing crappily. Florida was mediocre. Vandy went to a bowl. East was fine.

Just got home from a long day of travel. That is the most insane end to a football game ever. Wow.

However, The Return is only my second favorite moment in the storied Auburn/Alabama rivalry. My number one is this phone call from "Al" who admits and brags about poisoning the Toomer's Corner trees with a horrifyingly specific pesticide.

Oklahoma St. played a tougher schedule (Big XII was rated as the strongest conference that year) and were 11-1.

2. Regardless of who they beat, and they did beat some good teams (just like Alabama did), they had by FAAAAAR a worse loss. And before you play that weak "But it was on the road!" bullshit, let me go ahead and cut you off: When you lose to a team that would have been 5-7 and sitting their asses at home for the holidays if you would have handled your business, you don't get graded on a fucking curve just because you played at their turdhill of a stadium. You lost to a bad team. The end. Championship-caliber teams handle their business against bad teams. Ergo, you are not championship caliber. Enjoy the Fiesta Bowl.

But seriously, dudes, it was 2 years ago.

There was also the whole "OSU basketball coach tragically dies in plane crash" story that had cast a pall on their campus leading up to the game that week.

Eh, if Ohio State gets into the BCS game they get blown out, be it at the hands of Auburn/Alabama/Missouri/Florida State. I'd rather see MSU get into the Rose Bowl and OSU get into the BCS then get relegated to the Capitol One bowl AGAIN.

Either way the BCS game goes down, I feel like I'm watching Evil vs. Evil. Florida State might have a rapist at QB, SEC teams get in because SEC~!, OSU gets in because they play a chump schedule and have Urban Meyer. Ugh.

So apparently some guy on ESPN I think the auburn AD said it would be UN-AMERICAN if the winner of auburn/missouri isn't in the title game

Yeah I hate shit like this but urban meyer in the championship game can't be good for this country

Jay Jacobs is such a clown. In his defense, though, he probably only said that because Pat Dye's hand was up his ass.

Assholes are threatening the poor Alabama kicker like crazy on twitter it seems. I hate humanity. How dare he miss an insanely long kick and single-handedly allow the guy to return the kick for a touchdown.

Not condoning it at all, but why threaten the kid? Foster was the one who missed three fgs earlier to put them in the spot. . .

Assholes are threatening the poor Alabama kicker like crazy on twitter it seems. I hate humanity. How dare he miss an insanely long kick and single-handedly allow the guy to return the kick for a touchdown.

Not condoning it at all, but why threaten the kid? Foster was the one who missed three fgs earlier to put them in the spot. . .

It was Foster they were going after, not the kid.