DVDVR Message Board

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER (Many Spoilers HERE~!)

RIPPA

41 minutes ago, Fighting a man with a perm said:

Dunno if any of you have seen Hardy Bucks (mockumentary set in a rural Irish town) but Zemo was giving me real Viper vibes in that scene, "fierce reptilian in his movement", so I just couldn't stop laughing, imagining him as the primary hash dealer between Castletown and Enniscrone ?

Was getting some red flags from Sharon in this episode, any chance she's the power broker?? I know they like to switch things up in the MCU. 

I haven't. Thanks for the recommendation. Hell of a twist of its indeed Sharon. I don't think it will be.

• Like 1

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2021) continues where Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) left off. You'd just need to know what happened to Cap and explain the blip from Avengers: Infinity War (2018)/Avengers: Endgame (2019). Good to go from there. What's impressive about the show is that it's not written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFreely who previously wrote nearly all of Captain America in Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War (2016), Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame and Agent Carter (2015-2016).

Edited by The Natural

3 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

He was a f'n blue collar Sokovian black ops soldier and family man

Do what now? He went from being a damn Colonel in the Sokovian military, to the top ranking officer of a paramilitary death squad. Just because his family has money and they're aristocrats doesn't mean that a sociopath like Zemo would just sit around and swim in gold coins or whatever.

• Like 4

I'm really liking the look at ramifications of the Blip. We've had it in Avengers: Endgame (2019), Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019), WandaVision (2021) and here.

I picked up on a comment by Baron Zemo makes me believe that part of Sokovia will become Latveria, Doctor Doom's domain. Check that alliteration out!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Is everyone sleeping on Madripoor being introduced?

Mentioned Madripoor in my review. This show's had great cinematography but I thought it stood out in this one, Madripoor a prime example.

Edited by The Natural

8 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Is everyone sleeping on Madripoor being introduced?

It’s exciting, but since I follow shooting leaks online I knew it was coming. I’d be down for a Sharon Carter in Madripoor show if I’m being 100% honest.

• Like 1

I don't think Sharon is going to be the Power Broker, but they definitely set up a "something she's not telling them" subplot, so who knows.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Casey said:

Do what now? He went from being a damn Colonel in the Sokovian military, to the top ranking officer of a paramilitary death squad. Just because his family has money and they're aristocrats doesn't mean that a sociopath like Zemo would just sit around and swim in gold coins or whatever.

I think not mentioning he was Sokovian royalty and a baron was a pretty major thing to leave out of his backstory in Civil War.

I don't think Sharon is going to be the Power Broker, but they definitely set up a "something she's not telling them" subplot, so who knows.

Clearly the whole thing about her being exiled from the government was a load of BS. She was clearly working deep undercover in Madripoor and was maintaining that cover with that sob story she fed Sam. She was probably monitoring Power Broker and Selby's activity. I think all that means is if Zemo betrays the boys, she will likely be able to help again as an outside party.

Edited by TheVileOne

18 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

They basically rebooted Zemo's character. Sorry, he is nothing at all like the Zemo introduced in Civil War. Now he's actually Baron Zemo. That was never mentioned before. He was a f'n blue collar Sokovian black ops soldier and family man. And I like Civil War, but they did Zemo dirty in that film.

Hopefully we get both Ronan and Malekith shows now.

• Like 1

I definitely didn’t get “Sharon is the Power Broker/is working for the Power Broker” vibes, but the Gizmodo review I just read acted like that was the obvious implication. I disagree, but apparently it isn’t an out there take. It is interesting that the title of this episode was “Power Broker,” yet Power Broker seemingly didn’t make an appearance.

Not mentioned here till this post, I liked the explanation this Super-Soldier Serum was tweaked so people don't have the muscle look most on it get. By doing so, it's more discreet and gives a further advantage. Reminded me of the Terminator going from the T-800 to the T-1000. My Batman bud, @Ligerbusa will appreciate that reference.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Loved episode 3. Zemo was great. Loved how needled Sam and Bucky and how he looked for any little opening to get what he wanted in the moment. Was good getting to see Sharon again and with some actual character. There is definitely more to her, but who knows what. Was so neat seeing Madripoor. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

He was a f'n blue collar Sokovian black ops soldier and family man. And I like Civil War, but they did Zemo dirty in that film.

?

I remember Zemo saying that his family lived outside of the capital so he thought they'd be safe from Ultron's attack, but i don't remember Zemo saying anything in Civil War to imply he was just a normal working class joe. 

Of course, there was nothing mentioned about him being a nobleman, either.  The only thing we knew for certain is that he was a former high ranking Sokovian military commander as well as being Spec. Ops.

Edited by J.T.

Given how royal family members go into the military, it makes sense. 

in that outfit, sharon was channeling Black Canary or if you prefer Mockingbird. 

i wonder how many super heroes Carl Lumbly has played now, even if you could voice acting. 

15 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Given how royal family members go into the military, it makes sense.

It's true that Euro bluebloods have a long history of military service and traditionally only noblemen could serve as officers or commanders, but they tended not to be black bag guys like Zemo.  He's the equivalent of a guy from an old money American family that went to Annapolis and eventually became a Navy SEAL or something.