DVDVR Message Board

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER (Many Spoilers HERE~!)

RIPPA

finally watched this show. avoided spoilers as much as possible. watched one episode a day for six days straight (much to my wife's chagrin). fantastic show. Captain America is my favorite corner of the MCU, and this was an excellent addition to it. Hoping for a BluRay release at some point in the near-ish future, but not holding my breath.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Madame Hydra is going to be so good.

i didn't see the Power Broker reveal coming. interested to see where they go with Sharon's character.

i (as a white man) feel they handled the race parts excellently. hope it plays that way for most people. 

Bucky's story seems like it came to a close here. I hope not, as he's one of my favorite characters from the comics. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

LOL at Don Cheadle's reaction. Should have gone to Carl Lumby. One of the 5 Emmy nominations for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier whereas WandaVision racked up 23.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

These awards shows are truly trash. Look at how they constantly ignored Vincent D'Onofrio, Mahershala Ali, Krysten Ritter for Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones...but they give Cheadle a nod for 90 seconds of screen time? That's not a guest starring role. It's a freaking cameo. Not even a glorified one.

• Like 4

On 7/14/2021 at 6:25 AM, TheVileOne said:

These awards shows are truly trash. Look at how they constantly ignored Vincent D'Onofrio, Mahershala Ali, Krysten Ritter for Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones...but they give Cheadle a nod for 90 seconds of screen time? That's not a guest starring role. It's a freaking cameo. Not even a glorified one.

I've ranted on here a number of times that Charlie Cox, Vincent D'Onofrio, Daredevil Season 1 and 3 were fucking robbed of award nominations and wins. All four were terrific. Case for Deborah Ann Woll as well. Away from Daredevil, Krysten Ritter and David Tennant from Jessica Jones particularly Tennant. Shows how versatile David is playing someone good as The Doctor and evil in Killgrave.

Edited by The Natural

On 7/14/2021 at 1:25 AM, TheVileOne said:

Grammys and Oscars are the same way.  Old people who haven't seen/heard most of the stuff they're voting for, typically just getting behind something they've heard of.  IE "Don Cheadle, he was good in that other thing I've seen!"

Ian McKellen admitted as such. He said he voted for Albert Finney even though he hadn't seen Big Fish, because it was Albert Finney.