DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

RE: Ryan Fitzpatrick retiring

The original thing started with John Clayton saying "It looks like Fitzpatrick is gonna retire" because I guess the Broncos reached out to him but he didn't seem interested

Now other folks are pushing back on FitzMagic retiring saying he is just waiting for the right opportunity (ie: not the Broncos)

Washington has tagged Brandon Scherff for a 2nd consecutive year

This means

1) He will make $18 million this year (for a guard... that is... something)

2) He sure as fuck won't be on the team next year

On 3/6/2021 at 9:43 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Cleveland's Ryan Switzer is having an absolutely horrifying Covid issue with his infant son.  

The kid is currently in the hospital fighting for his life.  

Whatever higher power you believe in, send up a prayer tonight. 

Follow up here, Switzer's son has come home from the hospital.  

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Their starting RT Mitchell Schwartz as well

A couple of the local KC folks are indicating that Schwartz is planning on retiring due to all his injuries

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Aw fuck no, the Bears aren't allowed to have a good QB. It's actually against the rules. I'm filing an official protest with the league.

Hey, I'm still sure they'll wind up with Alex Smith.

IF they get Wilson though, I can't wait to see how much they give up and then see someone trade for Watson by giving up less than the Bears gave up.

Those are the two storylines that will play out. There's no in between. It's either massive disappointment or slight disappointment.

• Like 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31051305/sources-tom-brady-tampa-bay-buccaneers-agree-4-year-extension?linkId=113266502&fbclid=IwAR1CzQtyjHUaCsvTpbS-NsgqYM8YyUUtgSpubaluUnAiAzS9yGVos5u98bU

FOUR fucking years on an extension for Brady? No. No no no, I refuse to believe this motherfucker has somehow been constructed from some other shit and lay this at the feet of how rules are more accomodating for QB abuse. Oh hey, a rule that came about from this very person's injury over a decade ago. 

I like pretty much everyone on the Bucs so I'm glad they got their ring but now let this motherfucker get speared in half somehow. Honest prediction is that this year Brady suffers what should be a career-ending injury for his age, he tries to come back in 2022, and gets wrecked by Week 4 of that season. Does he retire? Nah, no way. His first 2023 game (after being held out the entire preseason) results in something that kills his career for good. NFL rules get altered again. Whee!

• Sad 1

...bruh...

It's basically a contract loophole / procedural move. By restructuring it knocked his cap number down by $15 million. The added two years are voidable. I mean it's Brady so who knows, maybe he really does play that long. But in actuality the move was done because this year's salary cap is drastically lower than last year and this gives them more wiggle room to sign dudes.

• Like 3