DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 9-23-13

MGFanJay

If you look at this from a SD! vs. RAW perspective (or I guess WWE 2K14 now) ..... Roman Reigns is like a solid 87. Ambrose and Rollins are probably in the 84 range.

Daniel Bryan is like a 91 but what are the others?  Probably all low to mid 70's (outside of RVD who was hurt)....  Then you factor in their injuries...

Ryder, Truth and Gabriel are like 68's.

• Like 3

On fire. Another great show. I missed a few parts because of dog walking duties but they're on fire right now.

I loved HHH trying to break up the alliance. That was why there was an 11-on-3 match. The Shield are united and will never be divided. HHH was trying a divide and conquer strategy that backfired on him. The face locker room is 100% behind Daniel Bryan right now. He thought there would be division and played his hand wrong. HHH also has to give the faces a little bit of something in order to prevent a total coup. Next up in the angle: Getting more heels to join in on the fun. Damien Sandow, Wade Barrett and a few others.

That Kofi/ADR match was really good. The ADR formula is pretty much fool proof at this point.

A nice holding pattern match for The Wyatt Family. Their entrance is mega-over.

Stephanie was awesome as the force of evil during Miz TV. "The cul de sac of disappointment" will be the name of at least one pop-punk song written by tomorrow morning.

I missed everything to the Punk stuff. That was a great hate-filled segment. Punk was so great. I loved Heyman getting out of the wheelchair afterwards.

The Shield getting jumped by The Rhodes Boys was great, especially Golddust in face paint and his hoodie!The actual match was really, really, really good. I loved The Shield getting the advantage. Dean's cunningness got him two pins over the two beat up veterans to narrow the score. I loved the brief hoss showdown with Titus and Reigns -- crowd was buzzing for it, too. Reigns just beating the job squad with spear after spear -- he just flat-out MUGGED dudes with those moves. Thank you, Justin Gabriel, for not wanting to have an intact rib cage.

I loved Bryan coming in to stop the momentum. Bryan was in there like he was Chris Paul. The momentum wasn't going his team's way. He steps in and goes on his big rally -- it's like he checked in after a time out, came up with a big three, then a steal, an and-one, and then hit Blake Griffin for a huge alley oop (when the Usos did the splash). The scrappy Dean and Rollins aren't done yet.

The final tally was 4-1 faces. Great end sequence, too. The Usos are awesome.

With a hot Chicago crowd, it felt a little bit like I was watching Canadian Stampede. They could have maybe done a few other things differently in the match but it was really a lot of fun.

Brie and Nikki have to be the most non-identical identical twins ever.

Which would be fine except their whole act has always been that you can't tell them apart and the novelty value.

Without that, they're just two decent-looking chicks who can't act or wrestle.

I'd buy more into Randy Orton being "sadistic" again if his beatdown had actually hurt The Miz. Instead, there he is, ready to be punched in the face by The Big Show.

...not that I have any problem with The Miz getting punched in the face. 

Here's to hoping RVD gets punched in the face next week.

I don't have a problem with no-selling Orton, either.  Hopefully it culminates with an abysmal mid-card Orton/Miz feud that's super easy to fast forward and plays no integral part in the show.  I really love how closely tied everything is right now--outside of Punk/Heyman, which needs to stay separate--but shit like Stephanie, Miz and Orton are just such buzzkills.  Miz's dad is the only thing any of them have really added to any of this.

And as mentioned, Golddust in the hoodie and paint was absolutely amazing.

• Like 1

If you look at this from a SD! vs. RAW perspective (or I guess WWE 2K14 now) ..... Roman Reigns is like a solid 87. Ambrose and Rollins are probably in the 84 range. Daniel Bryan is like a 91 but what are the others?  Probably all low to mid 70's (outside of RVD who was hurt)....  Then you factor in their injuries... Ryder, Truth and Gabriel are like 68's.

I don't see why this is so hard to grasp. You had Bryan in there with a couple guys with a midcard push in Ziggler and RVD, (with the latter all taped up,) and the match accented the Shield's biggest advantage which since their first match has been their teamwork. I know they're not undefeated any more, but this is a team whose teamwork put them over assorted super-teams featuring almost every upper card guy on the roster, up to and including Cena and the Undertaker. Arguably the start of Bryan's push to the top was when he made Rollins tap out in a 6-man.So the storyline was that this talented, incredibly unified tag team was able to push through a larger roster by first focusing on the injured guys like RVD and Kofi, then taking out some of the lesser opponents like Gabriel and Ryder. Finally Bryan has enough and comes in and cleans house, taking out Reigns, which both pushes Bryan as the superface badass while in no way diminishing the Shield. Even without Reigns, Rollins and Ambrose are still able to lean on their teamwork, but the 2nd most pushed guy on the babyface team puts a stop to it and pins Ambrose, letting them sell the US title match on SD.At that point, Bryan directs the Turning of the Tables, picks up the win, crowd goes apeshit. It protected everyone who needed to be protected, gave a hot crowd a chance to scream their heads off, and furthered the storyline of HHH as the Vince-esque ruthless bastard who will use anyone and everyone, friend or foe.

according to PWI Hunter, Stephanie, and Vince aren't booked for any TV following the Hell in a Cell PPV.  Looks like the feud will be blown off at that show if they are right.

Remember Meltz said that after Summerslam Steph would leave TV and it would be Vince and Hunter running things until they eventually turned on each other.  Must have changed plans.  I'm wondering if Vince is sick or something.  he has looked terrible recently

Goldust's thought process

"I'll put on this big black baggy hoodie to make it easier to sneak past security and blend in with the crowd"

Just as he's about to leave:

"Oh, and I have to paint on all this bright gold face paint which stands out about a mile away"

according to PWI Hunter, Stephanie, and Vince aren't booked for ant TV following the Hell in a Cell PPV.  Looks like the feud will be blown off at that show if they are right.

Remember Meltz said that after Summerslam Steph would leave TV and it would be Vince and Hunter running things until they eventually turned on each other.  Must have changed plans.  I'm wonderign if Vince is sick or something.  he has looked terrible recently

Yeah, I was going to say, wasn't this supposed to Mania?

"I'll put on this big black baggy hoodie to make it easier to sneak past security and blend in with the crowd"

"Oh, and I have to paint on all this bright gold face paint which stands out about a mile away"

Much like Clark Kent's glasses, when he pulls the hood over his head, Goldust is now completely invisible to human eyes.

The Miz TV segment was fine,  and Stephanie was good. But I didn't exactly get the point of chewing out Miz for, GASP, being a good employee and going to these various PR trips all over the world (and the guy does have Maryse at home, I doubt he's over the moon to be heading to Brussels or whenever at the drop of a hat.)

Seems a weird message to send to him, and any other young guys who'd be open to going out of their way to do PR stuff.

Hey, sacrifice your free time, barely see your family and your reward will be...getting shit on TV for it!

Well, he could've snuck the paint into the arena and put it on in the bathroom. :lol:

according to PWI Hunter, Stephanie, and Vince aren't booked for any TV following the Hell in a Cell PPV.  Looks like the feud will be blown off at that show if they are right.

So what's Mania's ME then, Cena/Bryan rematch?

Makes a ton of sense on a lot of levels.  If Bryan as top-dog works as a viable Cena replacement (which remains to be seen) then you can run a rehash of the Austin/Rock "I have to beat you" thing with Cena needing to prove to himself he's still the best.  If Bryan doesn't take off, then you can give Cena a potential MOTYC while putting him back on his pedestal.

And if you go with option A, you could even turn Cena heel and maybe bring Triple H back.

Then again, Cena/Taker and Bryan/Triple H could be pretty god damn awesome as two of the major matches on the show.

For what it's worth, I thought Miz's mic work was one of the few times in a long time I didn't want to punch him myself, but it's funny Show didnt' cry on that KO.

I'm surprised they didn't name Cena's street racing game the Fast & the Fruitiest and tie it in with a Fruity Pebbles sponsorship.

For a match filled with logic flaws, that main was pretty fun.  Though RVD selling that thrashing by Orton earlier with taped ribs doing the rolling thunder is grade a retarded.

For someone who's normally turrible, Steph's been bringing it with the evil.  She deserves an Emmy for saying Ryder could be the face of the company with a straight face.

"When there's a radio show that wants an interview too early in the morning, well we send them The Miz...

and when there's a local supermarket that's opening that needs that extra special promotion...well, Miz, you are our guy!"

Come on, that was better than the punch. 

• Like 3