DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 5

Dolfan in NYC

Ugh. Oklahoma is coming to South Bend looking for revenge and this year's defense is a tad worse than last year's and the offense is significantly worse with Tommy Rees at QB and Brian Kelly, for some ungodly reason, is unwilling to trust Cam McDaniel, or any of the RBs on short yardage situations. They should have blown out Michigan State, but Rees sucks at QB and couldn't hit any of his WRs that were beating the State DBs all day. Any big passing plays came off of Rees chucking it on 3rd and 1, but underthrowing the pass and having his ass saved by ND's talented WR corps. ND has had the most backwards ass way of grinding out victories this year. They have an excellent bunch of RBs and WRs and an ultra shitty QB that is a gigantic liability because Kelly keeps having him air it out and Rees isn't Golson or Zaire and lacks the talent and skill for throwing the deep ball. 

I just don't get it. Kelly changed the offense from the shotgun to the pistol this year, primarily because Rees isn't Golson and it would allow Rees to use more options and short passes to avoid the risk of getting picked off. If Golson weren't such an idiot and didn't miss this year, I would say that the team had a pretty good shot at 11-1 or 10-2 given the other weapons on the team. Instead we have Barney Fife in the pocket just waiting to shoot himself in the foot.

I am not confident South Carolina can walk out with a win against Central Florida in Orlando. I am still not sold on this years Gamecock team.

I think Ole Miss can beat Bama, and Arizona/Washington will be good. Loving the coverage the west coast teams are getting this year. There is always football past midnight now.

I never go on these threads because I refuse to watch college sports after the love tap the NCAA gave Penn State and called "sanctions." And the NCAA undoing them and giving them their scholarships back is... Well, write your own conclusion.

Loving the coverage the west coast teams are getting this year. There is always football past midnight now.

I bet Reese, Mark May, and Dr. Lou fucking hate it. College Football Final has gotten pushed to an ungodly late hour because of it.

FSU is trying to stop a guy from selling a very popular shirt with Freshman QB Jameis Winston on it.

Posted Image

Can't imagine why

Breesus went there first.  Was made as part of a larger parody but picked up pretty big by Saints fans. 

Posted Image

Also really hoping Georgia stomps a mudhole in LSU but I'm not seeing it happening at all.

I've got my Crimson Tide on upset alert tonight. Ole Miss is a very tricky team to play with their gimmick offense. I think Bama will need to score 30 to 35 to win this one. If the offense plays like it did agains A&M, there's no problem. If it plays like it did against VT and Colorado State, Bama is going down.

I hope the game turns out to be as entertaining as the A&M game. I hate the early start time if LSU/UGA is a great game I will miss the first quarter.

Early prediction one of these big games goes into multiple overtimes.

I'm really

I hope the game turns out to be as entertaining as the A&M game. I hate the early start time if LSU/UGA is a great game I will miss the first quarter. Early prediction one of these big games goes into multiple overtimes.

I'm really interested to see if LSU is for real today. With all the focus on Bama and A&M this season, I thought they were the sleeper to win the West. They even got to sit back and watch those two go at each other first. I see a lot of things I like from them, but that TCU win doesn't look as impressive now, and I thought Auburn gave them a tough game in the second half once the torrential downpour stopped.

I'm really

I hope the game turns out to be as entertaining as the A&M game. I hate the early start time if LSU/UGA is a great game I will miss the first quarter. Early prediction one of these big games goes into multiple overtimes.

I'm really interested to see if LSU is for real today. With all the focus on Bama and A&M this season, I thought they were the sleeper to win the West. They even got to sit back and watch those two go at each other first. I see a lot of things I like from them, but that TCU win doesn't look as impressive now, and I thought Auburn gave them a tough game in the second half once the torrential downpour stopped.

I was the exact opposite. I thought both A&M (because of Manziel's offseason shenanigans and defensive coordinators having 9 months) and LSU (because of how much they lost) would be way down this season. I predicted that Ole Miss would finish second in the West behind Bama.

I know that UCF will likely be one of the best teams in the American Conference when the year's over with but I am also flabbergasted that the Gamecocks are losing this game. I suppose that Connor Shaw and now likely Brandon Wilds being injured and out of the game will cause such a result. At least the people I know who went to that school will be happy.

I may have to say this in every game they play the rest of the season, but poor South Florida. Losing 42-7 to the Hurricanes is bad enough; they had a punt that traveled 2 yards. They did not just hit rock bottom, they crashed full speed into rock bottom.