DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Spinning Its Wheels Until the Draft - 7/11/16

Niners Fan in CT

Kane as a Ron Swanson for Stephanie would be amazing. The whole show could be about him wanting to wanting nothing but all the eggs and bacon in catering and him and some random guy (lets say Slater) who shows him the greatness of a Meat tornado.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Kane as a Ron Swanson for Stephanie would be amazing. The whole show could be about him wanting to wanting nothing but all the eggs and bacon in catering and him and some random guy (lets say Slater) who shows him the greatness of a Meat tornado.

I want to see Kane discuss his Libertarian non-aggression and non-intervention policies with Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phantom Lord said:

Matt Hardy could slap a meat tornado. 

• Like 2

I just watched my requisite 30 minutes of Raw and wow, that Wyatt segment was bad.  Now I see what everybody meant when they were talking about the use of Adobe Premier templates.  Jesus fuck I got a headache 1 minute in.  Also, the accidental race war undertones were upsetting.

• Like 1

On 2016-07-11 at 8:24 PM, hammerva said:

I think they already won that award when WWE tried to do a version of the Claire Lynch angle with Daniel Bryan and the massage therapist.  But yeah anybody that says they thought of that long before The Final Deletion is delusional

And then TNA hired the massage therapist!

13606525_910079019138076_647278946979954

• Like 1

I know Vince and creative are tone deaf when it comes to a lot of issues, but it's hard to beleive no one thought the optics of the New Day/Wyatts segment looked bad.  I wasn't offended or uncomfortable with it, but I can see how people might be. If a casual viewer panned by and thought it looked like three scary bearded rednecks beating down some black men in a field, I might be hard-pressed to argue,

I don't consider it a big deal - it's far from the most tasteless things they've done - but it's the sort of thing I feel like they should stay away from given the way they've generally portrayed blacks on-screen.  It reminded me of the company billing Mark Henry as :"the Self-Proclaimed Silverback" since it's apparently not racist if you pretend the guy gave himself that nickname.  I can kinda imagine Vince saying "No, no.  It's not racist at all.  The black wrestlers are allowed to fight back"

Just thought it was odd.  The WWE has become so conscious of avoiding controversy in certain areas, but remains oddly oblivious when it comes to putting minority wrestlers on-screen and presenting them favorably.

• Like 1

Vince is really tone deaf about race.  This is a guy who claims MLK is an idol of is, yet booked a storyline (and storylines involving Vince are just his way of living out his fantasies, come on now) where he drooled over the possibility of having "bestial" sex with a black woman.  Because sex with blacks is the same as fucking an animal, I suppose.