DVDVR Message Board

Brock Lesnar Finalizes Deal for Fight at UFC 200

Elsalvajeloco

11 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

Does wwe release the information on who was tested, when, and where?  The only thing im aware of they post are failed tests.  

Meltzer went over this on the radio show around the time Adam Rose failed before he got canned. Essentially, none of that information besides the person who had the positive result is given out including what they failed for.

3 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

On the sponsorship tip: I forgot to mention the UFC does allocate two spots on fighters' shorts that the UFC reserves the right to use anytime. So if Lesnar has two or "magically" has more than two, I would not be surprised. Probably won't be Deathclutch or Tapout, but his other ones that are not apparel could be on there.

He is not going to look scary with Jack Links and Jimmy Johns logos on his walkout shorts.

23 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

Im thinking stiff arm and right hook/uppercut

I was being quasi-facetious but you got the idea.  Lesnar is going to get sanded coming in when he takes that shot and doesn't immediately take Hunt down.

• Like 1

I mean, it's not like Lesnar isn't capable of KOing Hunt himself. He's got very good power and is a ridiculous athlete. It's just that Hunt's timing, poise, and technique is worlds better than Brock's. And Hunt doesn't get freaky on the dance floor when he gets hit.

The big unknown to me is how much skill work Brock has been doing over the years. It's not like he works a heavy schedule so it's possible that he's been working on stuff over the years. It's also possible he hasn't done anything until this year.

• Like 2

I am not even sure about Lesnar's camp at this point. Is he still training with Marty Morgan, Comprido, or just some dudes he rounded up from Canada or whatever part of the unknown wilderness he lives in?

Also, it's just hard to simulate an actual fight even if the training is awesome. It's not like I don't have questions about Hunt either because he is getting up there in age. The power is going to be there no doubt, but we've seen folks with awful gameplans and older fighters look plain awful all of a sudden. For example, Frank Mir has looked like some KOTC and Gladiator Challenge jobber from 2003 over his past few fights.

The thing is (and it's just a gut feeling right now) if Brock Lesnar is making $10-$12 million for this fight I've seen rumored around, what's stopping him from pulling the Bob Sapp European and Asia Pitiful Performance Tour quasi dive? Nothing imo.

I mean that would piss people off but Brock Lesnar is in business for himself and no one else. He could get TKO'd in 10 seconds and make a million per second not counting PPV points.

I am not sure why people are complaining about the exemption.  The timeframe indicates they needed to have an exemption, juice or no juice.  

The right question to ask is when did Brock approach Dana and when did Brock arm wrestle Vince?  How many potential heavyweight fights were done between the time negotiations started and the announcement?

I get why people are a bit suspicious since this is a big fight, but to me, it's kinda a "what can you do?" thing

On the Observer show, Dave said the holdup was Vince signing off which was only recently. 

He signed his deal and was tested immediately. So even if he cycled off beforehand, there is no guarantee his system is clearly clean. I believe that would explain a ton of the failures we have so far. Plus, he will likely get tested once more at least and that could be at any time of the day or night.

I don't have any reason to think Brock has been on the juice. Its not like he looks like he did back in 2002 or something. Even if he was that wouldn't give him the sudden ability to stop break dancing as soon as he gets hit. I think the comment about possibly pulling a Bob Sapp appearance is spot on. 

while certainly a possibility, i just don't see Brock being "that guy". i believe he's doing this because he wants to prove something to himself, so going in purposefully undertrained doesn't seem like something he'd do.

It's quite likely that he gets blitzed while shooting for a takedown. a TD is his best option, since he would get lit up if he tried to keep it standing. Plus, Brock's never been so good at taking a punch. But i highly doubt that he's the type to take a "quasi-dive"

While Lesnar getting KO'd is funny in a "sticking a knife and twisting it in Vince" kinda way, a lot of people thought Carwin was going to destroy Lesnar, and Brock weathered the storm and subbed him, and that was after a year out with the diverticulitis, so I'm not going to write off Brock just yet.

Yeah, I know Hunt isn't Carwin, but still.

• Like 2

Great Daniel Cormier quote:

“Brock Lesnar got on the card and Brock’s a huge draw. So right as Brock was getting announced, I was at UFC 199 with Luke Rockhold. I started hearing these rumors so I started texted Brock. I’m like, ‘Hey, Brock are you fighting? Tell me please.’ He didn’t respond. So I wrote, ‘Hey, Brock, is it Christmas time in the Cormier household?’ because Brock sells pay-per-views, I am obviously one of the guys that gets pay-per-view dollars. And he goes, ‘Merry Christmas.’ That’s all he wrote back. I was like ‘Brock you’re the f***ing man’ and ‘congratulations and welcome back, buddy.’ My wallet jumped out of my damn pocket. I had to pick it up off the ground.”

• Like 7

I watched Lesnar vs Mir 2 recently and forgot about how Mir nearly knocks Lesnar out and almost puts him away with that flying knee. If that knee connects, it's over.

All I could think while watching that fight was that Hunt is going to murder Lesnar. For some reason, I thought it wasn't until the fight with Cain that Lesnar couldn't take a punch. Nope. Now he's going to fight Hunt. This will be good.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I watched Lesnar vs Mir 2 recently and forgot about how Mir nearly knocks Lesnar out and almost puts him away with that flying knee. If that knee connects, it's over.

All I could think while watching that fight was that Hunt is going to murder Lesnar. For some reason, I thought it wasn't until the fight with Cain that Lesnar couldn't take a punch. Nope. Now he's going to fight Hunt. This will be good.

No shit. I'm ready for whatever happens.

As it stands now, there is at least one notable name in each fight at 200. There are going to be so many hot takes that I am not sure the internet (let alone this board) is ready to handle them especially the Lesnar vs. Hunt fight.

• Like 1

42 year old Mark Hunt hits just as hard and possibly just as fast as 32 year old Mark Hunt. Lesnar is a dead man walking.

• Like 1

On 23/06/2016 at 8:29 PM, Craig H said:

Or, like the UFC: Knockout show from years ago, every fight ends in a decision.

Thanks for reminding me about that. Let's not tempt fate with UFC 200.

2 hours ago, OSJ said:

42 year old Mark Hunt hits just as hard and possibly just as fast as 32 year old Mark Hunt. Lesnar is a dead man walking.

2 hours ago, keith_h said:

Yeah the more I think about it, I think Lesnar is going to pull a "Sapp" here and go down on the first punch and cash his giant check with a smile.

Mark Hunt by walkaway KO in one.