DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 3/3/16

victor

Main Event Spoilers:

* Paige, Natalya and Brie Bella vs. Summer Rae, Tamina Snuka and Naomi is first. Lana comes out mid-match to watch. Brie makes Naomi tap out with the Yes Lock. Brie holds the ropes and invites Lana in

* Ryback is shown backstage walking

* The Social Outcasts cut a promo in the ring

* Ryback defeated Heath Slater with Shellshocked

* The Lucha Dragons defeated The Ascension

* Stardust cuts a promo on the big screen

* Stardust defeated Zack Ryder with The Queen's Crossbow

Smackdown Spoilers:

* Dean Ambrose kicks off SmackDown and cuts a promo. WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens interrupts and talks about not having a WrestleMania 32 opponent. Ambrose is sitting in a chair in the ring now. Owens tries to attack him from behind but Ambrose dodges it and hits Owens with the chair

* The League of Nations defeated The Usos. After the match, The Dudley Boyz came out with a table and beat The Usos down. They teased putting them through the table but didn't

* Dolph Ziggler defeated The Miz with a roll-up. This match seemed quick but was about the same length as their match on Monday

* Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch is next. The match starts with both of them looking at the WrestleMania sign. Ric Flair and WWE Divas Champion Charlotte comes out mid-match. Becky breaks a submission by getting to the ropes and Charlotte gets involved. She attacks them both and beats them both down before walking away. No winner is announced

* The Undertaker replay from RAW airs

* WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day are out. They cut promos on AJ Styles and Chris Jericho

* AJ Styles defeated Kofi Kingston with a springboard elbow

* Dean Ambrose defeated Kevin Owens in a non-title match with Dirty Deeds. Owens attacks after the match and sets up a table but Ambrose ends up elbow dropping Owens through it but the table didn't break, Owens just slid off. SmackDown ends

More interested in the women's match on Main Event. Wonder how they'll play off the ending of the Ownens/Ambrose match.

If the match really ends up being Owens vs. Big Show at Wrestlemania, this company has to be intentionally trolling us right now.

They tease us with Sami Zayn, AJ Styles and Dean Ambrose at the Rumble and what do they end up giving us: The Big Show.

More interested in the women's match on Main Event. 

Me too. I'm really hoping they can squeeze them all in at Mania with a tag match. That would be more interesting than a simple Brie vs Lana match. 

Was at the taping. Ryder/Stardust was REALLY good. Played on their other matches. Women's 6-man was fun. Lucha Dragons were pretty over. Ambrose is money. Just make him the top guy already. Styles/Kingston was lots of fun, too. 

Pleas bring up Bayley to make this a fatal four way at mania.

What would they do, have the exact same match they had at TO: Rival? I'd rather just have Bayley give 100% against Asuka then debut on Raw.

Mania should be Sasha's moment and rightly so.

What would they do, have the exact same match they had at TO: Rival? I'd rather just have Bayley give 100% against Asuka then debut on Raw.

What is Becky supposed to do in the meantime? You better have a good answer for me. :angry:

What is Becky supposed to do in the meantime? You better have a good answer for me. :angry:

It looks like Triple Threat match set up.

Have fun out there, entertain the WWE universe, and earn their respect with a great performance as her #Wrestlemania moment.

Sasha's totally pinning/tapping Charlotte for the finish though.

The fuck are they doing with Ambrose? This shit makes no sense. You already have a confirmed match with him and Lesnar, now you have him wrestling HHH for the title before mania, and on top of that now you have some weird build with him and Owens for the IC title? What the fucking fuck?

Clearly he's one of the top guys in the company- maybe THE top guy if you have him in three different angles at once. They should keep him out of the IC picture. Do the Lesnar match and just slow build him up to summer slam and put the belt on him there.

That's what I've been thinking. Rippa, a couple others here, Alvarez, and others have said there's a bunch of reasons why this Wrestlemania is very similar to Wrestlemania 2000.

Having HHH go over Ambrose clean at Roadblock serves no purpose.  So having Brock interfere would work--he can beat the snot out of Ambrose again and have Heyman make his claim of he shouldn't have to deal with Dean's cutting in line to get a title shot Ambrose has done nothing to deserve (since he was the one who got pinned at Fastlane).

You then have Reigns holding the rights to a WM title match, regardless of who's champion.

Have the other three work together briefly to get rid of Lesnar. It becomes a three-way street fight, making its way back toward the ring.  Eventually, HHH breaks out the sledgehammer and he's about to cave in Ambrose's skull--when he hands it to Reigns, who destroys Ambrose.

"it would serve-uh the purpose-uh of me-uh being stronger-uh for Wrestle-uh Mania-uh."

Smackdown was a fun show this week. I love the New Day but this was one time where I felt like they really detracted from the match. Kofi/AJ was still good but it could have been so much better if Xavier toned it down a few notches.

Renee getting to deliver the bad news to Charlotte was a nice touch.

I'm not buying that they're changing the Mania main event. They just need to fill time while Roman's out with his injury.

- Hunter does have bad punches. I forgave the ones on Roman's nose but the ones on Ambrose really sucked. 

- The League of Nations are approaching the goofiness of the Social Outcasts with that dumb arm gesture. The funniest thing is that none of them aside from occasionally Barrett wear shirts, which I would imagine them to spin over their heads instead. Did Rusev just yell "FOR THE VICTORY!"? Poor Rusev. An Uso learns that you really shouldn't paste Sheamus with a kick. 

- Pretty clear that Ziggler's on the short list of guys that will have a job forever like Kofi, Miz, Truth, Cena. Unless he grabs Vince. 

- Boy the crowd was mad at the end of Becky/Sasha. They were having a great match (minus the '90s Junior mirror work that ended when Charlotte came out) and nobody wanted that to end. I think Becky really pasted Sasha with that Euro uppercut cause she pouted for a long time after that waiting for Sasha to get back up, either that or they had too much time left on the clock. WHOA CHECK RENEE'S JACKET! She busts out some really neat stuff to wear sometimes. 

- Haven't seen a bad match AJ's had in WWE so far and this one's no different. Kofi was working stiff again; check that baseball slide dropkick, and also doing the triple-team corner spot (the Unicorn whatever) all by himself was inspired. Dug AJ skinning the cat to escape New Day too. Their interference didn't bother me at all and the finish was clever like it has been for the other AJ matches. Mauro still calling Hirooki Goto's Ushigoroshi (had to look it up) that AJ uses humors me. Cole probably just says nothing when he does that while King shrieks. 

- Ambrose and Owens have another smart match with Dean just getting mauled and constantly trying to hit the DDT for the flash pin. Wailing on Owens like a child on top in the corner looked pretty stupid though. On the other hand I guess everyone says that about his offense.

Shane'll be on Raw for the continuance of whatever they're doing at Mania, btw.