DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

It's a lot better than watching Iso Joe and the other failed Kobe Bryant clones (who's a MJ clone himself) go 1v1 on a guy while 8 other players stand and watch.

Plus, teams do all those curling off the ball screens to feed players cutting to the net, not just jumpers.

Oh, I'd take what we have now a million times before I go back to Iverson early 2000s NBA.  I just kinda miss the inside-out game.  No one really does it that well anymore.  Screen/3 pointer, or drive and kick dominate the game right now.

The NBA doesn't need to move the 3 pt line. It's a simpler fix than that. They just need to call moving screens!

The ref report came out on the Draymond screen on Deng in crunch time of the Heat/Warriors game and they said it was a LEGAL screen! Like, what the fuck?

• Like 1

1) Cleveland vs. Toronto night is going to be really good. I'm trying to make plans to watch it. Toronto's going to be a madhouse.

2) Man, Memphis has become sneaky good again. I'm not sure how they'll fare with Marc Gasol gone. But they're 33-23. They're really good at beating teams they should beat and don't have a lot of bad losses. They'd play the Clippers in the first round this year if the playoffs started today. That might actually hold up in the standings if Memphis doesn't dip. Clips aren't catching the three great teams ahead of them. Memphis has four games over Dallas and Portland. They'll be a tough out, as they are every single year in the Grit'n'Grind era.

3) The Damian Lillard Revenge Tour has been awesome to watch, last night withstanding. I love that team.

4) I don't know who I want between Utah and Dallas to make the playoffs. I'm always fine with new blood and the first home playoff game in a while for Utah will be a blast. But Rick Carlisle et al. are going to throw together some crazy ass schemes against whoever they play and give them fits. We're also likely due for a Retro Dirk game in the playoffs where he'll fadeaway himself into dumping 40.

The way that refs call games right now, the best NBA line up would be Steph Curry, Orlando Pace, Nate Newton, Joe Thomas, and Anthony Munoz.

Liked for mentioning the greatest player in Bengals history!