DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

He's averaging 2.1 a game so far, which would be his lowest since his rookie year when he averaged 1.3 in just about 18 minutes a night.

Partially it's because he plays away from the basket more, guarding stretch 4's instead of being in the paint.

Yeah he defends 15.3 shots per game and only 6.6 are at the rim. His numbers at the rim are still good. Not great but good. Adams numbers are pretty decent too. They over rotate. Ridiculous how many times Adams ends up on a guard on the perimeter. Adams defends 5.3 shots per game from 6 feet and in. 5.0 per game from 15 feet or greater. Ibaka is at 6.6, 6.4. 

I like Brent Barry on commentary. He questioned why Durant was posting up at the top of the key and I don't get it.

Lots of over-rotation on display tonight from OKC's defense too. They're bad when looking at the numbers and the eye test. Woof.

To be fair, the Thunder were on a back-to-back game schedule with the Warriors on the tail end.  On Golden State's home floor.  No team has won that bet this season. 

Dion Waiters is a fascinating player to watch for all the wrong reasons.

Well, San Antonio are now officially on pace to become only the second (third by the time it would happen) team to ever win 70 games.

They are three games back and on pace to finish roughly five games behind Golden State.

I thought it was going to be some last second or close lost for Golden State when I heard they were losing through the grapevine.  Then I saw the 4th quarter score. Lakers blew those guys out.

Parties are back on in LA.

The Lakers are going to beat the Warriors. What the hell is going on here? What planet is this?

Good teams lose to horrible teams because the good team plays down the the bad team.

A minor understatement.  The Warriors at the moment have the best record in NBA history.  And they lost to a team that prior to the game had the 30th WORST record in NBA history.  Literally, there have only been 29 NBA teams EVER that have been worse than the Lakers have been this season.

There's something weird about the Lakers and Warriors dynamic because LA wiped the floor with them once last season too.

The Lakers are going to beat the Warriors. What the hell is going on here? What planet is this?

Good teams lose to horrible teams because the good team plays down the the bad team.

A minor understatement.  The Warriors at the moment have the best record in NBA history.  And they lost to a team that prior to the game had the 30th WORST record in NBA history.  Literally, there have only been 29 NBA teams EVER that have been worse than the Lakers have been this season.

There's something weird about the Lakers and Warriors dynamic because LA wiped the floor with them once last season too.

It's seems sort of simple to me.  Sunday day game = the whole team is hung over = getting the shit kicked out of you by an overlooked team.  In this case they just so happened to catch the shitty team right when they are taking the reigns off their 1st round pick.

Can't wait to watch D Lo develop, by the way.  He is going to be something.

He's not going to get any consideration, but Dave Joerger really deserves some COTY consideration. Team is 38-25 and currently the five seed in the west. They have a negative point differential. And no Marc Gasol. And a team of lunatics.

• Like 1

Pau with a monster triple double last night.  2nd in 5 games and 10th of his career.  He had the assists and rebounds before halftime.

I didn't watch, but I'm assuming the Bucks just didn't run the pick and roll all that much because we kept a team under 100 for the first time in a month.